Jul 1, 2012
Healthy Canadian Maple Peanut Butter Spread
What’s that, eh? Maple Peanut Butter?!
Skippy with honey is sooo overrated, this is the new spread in town.
It has more flavor, more nutrients, and of course, more Canadian spirit 😉
Warning: this is incredibly addicting!
I think it goes without saying that this spread was short-lived…
Healthy "Canadian" Maple Peanut Butter Spread
- 128g (1/2 cup) Natural Peanut Butter (no sugar/salt/oil added)
- 84g (1/4 cup) Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Maple Flavor (optional)
- 2 tbs Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/16 tsp Salt
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the peanut butter and maple syrup (and extract if you like) and stir.
- Stir in the protein powder one tablespoon at a time, and serve!
Cover and refrigerate to store.
This spread is a healthy and delicious replacement for storebought peanut butters that are often loaded with refined sugars and hydrogenated oils. Natural peanut butter, pure maple syrup and some vanilla protein powder create the smoothest spread of all, with incredible taste. This is a snack that loves you back!