May 2, 2013
Healthy Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Would you believe me if I told you these moist and chewy cookies are made without butter?
Would you believe me if I told you these sweet and rich cookies are made without refined sugar?
No? What?! Well you should trust me because I would never ever everrrr lie to you
See? Just look at that peanut buttery goodness right there. I’m assuming you’d never guess that these are eggless, gluten free and vegan either.
Healthy Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies (gluten free, low sugar, high protein)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and place erythritol (for rolling) in a small bowl.
- In a stand mixer bowl with beater attachment, add the peanut butter, applesauce, flax, water, brown sugar and salt. Mix on low.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut flour and baking soda. Slowly add to the stand mixer, spoonful by spoonful.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and mix until fully incorporated and mixture is even (~20 seconds)
- Use a cookie scoop to portion out the dough and drop onto the prepared cookie sheet. Roll the dough into balls, then roll into the granulated erythritol.
- Place balls on the cookie sheet and press to flatten slightly. Bake for ~12 minutes, or until puffed and cookies are just SLIGHTLY browned on the bottom (do not overbake)
- Slide cookies onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely, then transfer to a plate, cover, and leave overnight. Yes, leave overnight. The texture will turn from fudgy underbaked cookie/super chewy cookie dough to normal soft and chewy cookie.
*Brown Sugar: 128g Granulated Erythritol + 15g Molasses (I have also made these cookies with a mix of sucanat and coconut sugar and they were delicious!)
This recipe is: low sugar, high protein, gluten free, vegan!
Recipe adapted from: Little Bitty Bakes
(Little Bitty Bakes nutrition label does not include cherries)
My Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies have half the calories and half the fat for the same number of cookies! Plus, mine have 3g of fiber and 12g of protein… perfect for a breakfast, snack and guilt-free dessert.