Jun 25, 2013
Healthy Homemade Rainbow Sprinkles (Revisited)
I’ve made Homemade Rainbow Sprinkles before, but now I’ve finally made a kind that is durable enough to be mixed into a batter and colorful enough to maintain its color, from after baking to a few days after baking! These won’t fade and these won’t melt, despite being naturally colored, sugar free, vegan and egg-white-free.
Healthy All-Natural & Sugar-Free Homemade Rainbow Sprinkles
- In a large bowl, stir together the erythritol, corn starch, salt, almond milk and vanilla paste.
- Separate this into bowls, however many colors you are making, and stir in one food coloring per bowl (mixture should not be too thin or too thick)
- Scoop mixture into a firm piping bag with small circle tip (do not use a plastic bag, it will tear) and pipe lines or dots onto a sheet of wax paper. Let dry overnight.
- The next day, slice the lines with a pizza cutter or push the dots off the wax paper with your fingers.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in the fridge.
This recipe is: sugar free, gluten free, vegan!
Want some (healthy and all-natural) “confetti” on your cupcakes?
Or are you the “sprinkle” (or “jimmies”) type?
Either way, you should make a batch of these sprinkles ASAP. You will be tossing these into everything you eat 🙂