May 27, 2013
Healthy Jello Muffin Top Cookies
This was a recipe that I baked on the fly. Totally not like me, because I am incredibly orderly and try to schedule everything in my life. But I am really glad that I made these Jello (Muffin Top) Cookies because they were kind of fun to make and everybody adored them. Personally, I didn’t really see what everyone’s hype was all about, I thought the cookies were good, not great… I guess I was in a chocolate mood that day? But, everyone found these cookies super addicting and the entire batch was finished that day.
Top to Bottom: Blue-Raspberry, Orange, Raspberry, Peach
Top to Bottom: Raspberry, Orange, Blue-Raspberry, Peach
Chewy like a cookie, soft like a muffin top. Incredibly fruity like the fruit itself and bursting with natural color, no artificial flavorings and artificial food colorings here
For the Cookie Base:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg replacer, almond milk, applesauce and extracts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oat flour, brown rice flour, baking powder and salt. Dump over the wet ingredients and fold together.
For the Raspberry and Blue-Raspberry Flavor:
- Divide the entire dough into half and add the rasperry jel desert powder, red food coloring and raspberry extract. Stir together until soft and pink.
- Divide the halved dough into another half. Use a cookie scoop to portion the double-halved dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for ~11 minutes or until the surface springs back when tapped. Slide the cookies off the pan and onto a wire cooling rack.
- Add the blue food coloring and blueberry extract to the other half of the dough. Use a cookie scoop to portion the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for ~11 minutes, cool on a wire cooling rack.
For the Orange Flavor:
- Add the orange jel desert powder, orange food coloring and orange flavor to 1/4 of the dough. Stir together until thoroughly mixed, scoop the dough onto the cookie sheet and bake for ~11 minutes, cool on a cooling rack.
For the Peach Flavor:
- Add the peach jel desert and orange food coloring to the last 1/4 of the dough. Stir together until thoroughly mixed, scoop the dough onto the cookie sheet and bake for ~11 minutes. Cool on a wire cooling rack.
Dough should be light and fluffy kind of like a muffin batter. It will probably be easier to scoop the dough using a cookie scoop rather than a spoon like what I did.
This recipe is: sugar free, low fat, gluten free, vegan!
I’ve gotta admit, these cookies are pretty darn adorable… maybe that’s why everyone loved them so much! You definitely will too 😉