Feb 14, 2013
Healthy New York Cheesecake
Happy Valentine’s Day! Single, married, dating, whatever your relationship status is, this cheesecake is going to be delicious and you are going to enjoy it
Creamy, tangy, smooth and sweet. Everything you would expect from a cheesecake, except this one is guilt-free!
Healthy New York Cheesecake (low fat, high protein, eggless, gluten free option)
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9" springform pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cracker crumbs and salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together the coconut oil and butter extract. Pour this over the cracker mixture and stir until crackers are moistened.
- Press into the prepared pan, raising the edges slightly. Bake for ~6 minutes, until fragrant. Let cool while you make the filling.
For the Filling and Topping:
- In a large mixing bowl (you can use a stand mixer if you like), whisk together the cream cheese and greek yogurt.
- Whisk in the agave, stevia, vanilla and lemon flavor.
- Whisk in the protein powder and starch. Pour over the graham cracker crust and bake for ~31 minutes, until cracks form on the surface (cracks are okay, they will be covered by the topping). Let cool for about 20 minutes, remove the springform wall and let cool more.
- Slice when completely cooled and top with the fruit spread of your choice (cherry and raspberry are most authentic, but it really depends on your taste)
Keep leftovers covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
This recipe is: eggless, low sugar, low fat and high protein, with gluten free option!
The perfect bite. Thick, rich, decadent, and sinful tasting (but totally sinless
!). Want proof? Here is a nutrition label comparison between Food Network’s New York Cheesecake
Healthified New York Cheesecake recipe!
(labels do not include toppings)
Can you believe the difference? The 300-calorie and 27g of fat difference? While you can see the discrepancy between the cheesecakes in the nutrition labels, I bet you will never be able to taste it. They are both sinful tasting!
Ate two slices of this healthy New York Cheesecake? You’re still an angel 😉