Healthy DIY Hazelnut Butter
I caved. I bought a mini food processor!
Hey now, it wasn’t that expensive and it’s adorable little size made me love it even more. Plus, I’ll be saving loads of money by making my own nut butters at home!
Giant, cheap bag of nuts + a few minutes = healthy, low cost and (kind of) easy nut butter! Win.
I probably should’ve started off slow with the new kitchen gadget, but no, I went all in and had to make nut butter for its first use. The only thing I don’t like about the food processor is that the longest recommended processing time is one minute… so this nut butter took me a little longer than it would a normal person with a normal sized food processor. I don’t regret the buy though. I like mini. And I liked the low price
The end result was well worth the extra time! This nut butter is incredibly aromatic. It looks chunky in the pictures but it spreads remarkably well, especially on a warm slice of toast!
So how can you use this hazelnut butter?
1. Spread it on a warm slice of toast with a drizzle with agave or pure maple syrup
2. Spread it on a warm slice of toast and top with grated chocolate (better option than #1 right??)
3. Top your morning oatmeal with it
4. Use it in Chocolatey “Nutella” Overnight Dessert Oats
5. On your finger a spoon
6. Hmmm, actually yeah, on your finger
7. Spread it on these yummy Chocolate Banana Muffins (best when warm!)
8. Spread it on these moist Raisin Bran Muffins
9. In any recipe using nut butter
10. In my Homemade Nutella recipe!