May 7, 2013
Healthy Thumbprint Cookies
Is it just me or are thumbprint cookies just the cutest thing? They’re just regular cookies with a teaspoon or so of jam in the center which adds a mouthwatering contrast in texture and flavor.
These are seriously delicious. Soft and chewy almond butter cookies with strawberry fruit spread in the center — can anything make these better??
Yes, the fact that they are incredibly easy to make (they only require seven ingredients!)
Oh, and another thing… they’re healthy!
And you would never know these cookies are good for you. The almond butter makes these cookies rich and buttery, the jam makes them sweet, and their beautiful appearance makes them oh so tempting!
Healthy Thumbprint Cookies (gluten free, vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond butter, almond milk, salt, coconut sugar and vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oat flour and baking soda. Dump into the wet ingredients and fold together (dough should be thick and able to form into a ball)
- Break off chunks of the dough and roll into 1" balls. Flatten them between your palms and place on a baking sheet.
- Use a teaspoon measure to make "thumbprints" in the cookies, and fix any large cracks that form on the edges of the cookie.
- Fill each "well" with some fruit spread, then bake for ~12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies look dry and fruit spread bubbles slightly.
- Remove parchment paper off the pan and onto the counter, leave the cookies on it, don't transfer them to a wire cooling rack. Let cookies cool to room temp.
This recipe is: low fat, low sugar, eggless, gluten free, vegan!
Recipe adapted from: Heart Via Stomach
90 calorie cookies? Not bad!
seven three, thanks 😉