Healthy Blueberry “Whipped Cream”
Healthy Blueberry Whipped Cream — super airy and fluffy and delicious. A giant spoonful melts away in your mouth, just like whipped cream, but with a blueberry (and heavy cream-free) twist! 😍
Say hello to this magically unique purple amazingness.
When you actually see this stuff in the flesh, you’ll wanna faceplant in it 😏
It’s uber light and fluffy, yet firm enough to hold its shape.
IT’S SO DARNED FLUFFYYYYY!! 😝
Healthy Blueberry "Whipped Cream"
- In a high speed blender, add the frozen blueberries, almond milk, protein powder, stevia and 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum. Puree until completely smooth (I used the smoothie program preset on my Vitamix twice). It should double in size.
- Pour the entire mixture in a stand mixer bowl. Place the bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Fit the bowl onto the stand mixer with a whisk attachment and whip on high speed for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the mixer and sprinkle in the remaining 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum. Whip on high speed for 8 minutes. Mixture should be very fluffy and should have increased in volume again.
- Detach the whisk attachment from the stand mixer and place inside the blueberry mixture. Place the bowl in the freezer again for another 15 minutes.
- Reattach the whisk attachment and bowl to the stand mixer. Turn on high speed and whip for 7 minutes. Enjoy!
1 cup of this magical fluff has just 30 calories, 3g carbs and 2g of (naturally occurring) sugar!
*does totally embarrassing happy dance* 💃🏻