Healthy Single-Serving Flaxseed Microwave Muffin (+ Video!)
Would you believe me if I told you that you can make this Healthy Single-Serving Flaxseed Microwave Muffin in just 5 minutes flat? Maybe.
But after one bite, you’ll definitely have a hard time believing that this soft and springy, sweet and hearty muffin is sugar free, low carb, high protein, high fiber, AND gluten free too… it tastes too good to be good for you.
Flaxseed is an incredibly healthy ingredient full of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and fiber, but I find myself avoiding it because I’m not a fan of its flavor. Sorry, flax!
Surprisingly though, I absolutely loved this soft and springy Single-Serving Flaxseed Microwave Muffin. The cinnamon definitely helped get rid of the flax flavor that I am not a fan of… oh, and pure maple syrup helped a little too 😉
A big glug of pure maple syrup makes everything better, amirite?
Becaaaaauuse you totally should be 😉
This Healthy Single-Serving Flaxseed Microwave Muffin will make every day better. Because it’s so good and fast and easy, you’ll probably be making it every day. Whether it’s for breakfast, a midday snack, or nighttime treat. Trust me… been there, done that 😉
Healthy Single-Serving Flaxseed Microwave Muffin
- ¼ cup Ground Flaxseed
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Double-Acting Baking Powder
- pinch of Salt
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tbs Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2 tbs Unsweetened Applesauce
- ½ tsp English Toffee-Flavored Stevia Extract
- Spray a 4″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flax, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, applesauce, and stevia.
- Dump the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients and whisk together. Pour mixture into the prepared dish and microwave for ~3 minutes on high, or until the surface springs back when tapped and edges pull away from the dish. Let cool slightly. Serve with homemade maple syrup, fresh fruit, chocolate chips, peanut butter, whatever toppings you want, then dig in!
This nutrition label? Totally healthy.
This recipe? Totally yummy.
I can’t believe this Flaxseed Microwave Muffin has only 210 calories and ZERO added sugar, butter, or oil. Plus, it’s got 9g of a protein punch, 6g of (both soluble and insoluble) filling fiber, and plenty of incredibly nutritious omega-3 fatty acids!
Watch me make this Flaxseed Microwave Muffin on camera!
Mmmm, this is PERFECT for breakfast. It takes just 5 minutes to make and 5 minutes to “bake” — microwave cakes and muffins are always a lifesaver for your busy mornings!
With love and good eats,