Healthy Matcha Green Tea-Swirled Strawberry Ice Cream (Without An Ice Cream Machine!)
Healthy Matcha Green Tea-Swirled Strawberry Ice Cream! And best of all, you don’t need an ice cream machine to make this delicious, creamy, fruity, matcha tea-infused goodness.
It’s hard to believe this ice cream is refined sugar free, low fat and high protein.
When I was brainstorming recipe ideas, I thought of milkshakes, ice cream floats, frozen pies, ice cream sandwiches, a Neapolitan… but honestly, what’s better than straight up ice cream?
So I transformed a Vanilla Bean Frozen Dessert into an ice cream infused with strawberry and matcha green tea flavor.
Strawberries + Matcha go hand in hand, just like Peanut Butter + Jelly or Chocolate + Coffee. The sweetness of the strawberries offset the natural bitterness of the matcha, so together, they’re perfectly balanced. This ice cream isn’t too sweet, it’s not bland in any sense of the word, and it won’t make you feel guilty one bit. It’s low calorie, low fat, refined sugar free and high protein! This sweet, foodgasm-inducing ice cream is made without the refined white sugar, heavy cream, artificial flavorings and synthetic food dyes. I can’t believe it’s healthy. I feel like I’m having a meltdown (hehe, get it?) 😉
Healthy Matcha Green Tea-Swirled Strawberry Ice Cream
- Defrost the pint of Vanilla Bean Wink at room temperature for 15 minutes (or microwave for ~15 seconds).
- In a food processor, add the cottage cheese, strawberries and 1/2 tsp stevia extract. Puree until very smooth.
- Scoop HALF of the pint of Vanilla Bean Wink into the food processor and puree again. Place the food processor bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Scoop the remaining Vanilla Bean Wink into a large bowl. Stir in the remaining 1/4 tsp stevia extract and matcha powder until the mixture is even and smooth.
- Pour half of the strawberry mixture into 2 large glasses or bowls. Spoon the matcha ice cream into the glasses/bowls, then top with the remaining strawberry mixture. Freeze for 1 hour. Serve!
Would you ever guess that this recipe requires only 5 ingredients? Thank the LAWD!
Oh, and each of the GIANT glasses in the pictures has just 160 calories and 2g fat, plus 3g fiber and 18g protein! The equivalent amount of Haagen Dazs Strawberry Ice Cream has roughly 960 calories, 60g fat, 80g sugar and 16g protein. For realz.
Enjoy! I’ll be over here spooning this ice cream into my face…
With love and good eats,
This post was sponsored by Wink Frozen Desserts. All opinions are mine and mine alone! Thank you for supporting the brands who keep Desserts With Benefits going!