Dec 18, 2012
Healthy Chocolate Pumpkin Microwave Cupcakes
Yes, I know the primary pumpkin months are over… but I still have like, 7 cans of pumpkin in my pantry and I will always have a chocolate craving.
So I mixed the two.
And because I am still impatient (and always will be), I made these super quick chocolate pumpkin cupcakes… in the microwave. In less than 5 minutes. Ah, this is the life.
Do you see that bite right up there? ^^ That’s pure chocolatey pumpkin bliss. It’s moist and springy, just like every cupcake should be, but it’s filled with nutritious ingredients like flax, pure pumpkin puree, whole grain oats and spices. So while everyone is gorging on sugary chocolate cake and sinful pumpkin pie, you can have the best of both worlds with these healthy Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes… oh, and in just 5 minutes flat!
Healthy Chocolate Pumpkin Microwave Cupcakes (sugar free, gluten free, vegan)
- 7g (1 tbs) Ground Flaxseed
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbs Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 76g (5 tbs) 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 3/4 tsp Apple Pie Spice or Ground Cinnamon
- 4 packets Truvia (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 15g (3 tbs) Unsweetened Regular Cocoa Powder
- 45g (6 tbs) Oat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the flax and almond milk.
- Stir in the pumpkin, apple pie spice, truvia and salt.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and oat flour.
- Last, stir in the baking powder. Spoon batter into these cupcake molds (or your fav microwave-safe silicone mold) and microwave for ~4 minutes, or until surface springs back when tapped.
This recipe is: sugar free, low fat, high fiber, high protein, gluten free, vegan!
If you are feeling indulgent, add a tablespoon or two of chocolate chips to the batter. You can slice the cupcakes in half and fill them with pumpkin butter, apple butter or your favorite nut butter to create adorable cupcake sandwiches!
I topped these Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes with Soyatoo Rice Whip
and a dash of apple pie spice, but I usually just drizzle them with some maple syrup. Because this recipe is high fiber, high protein and sugar free, it will keep you fuller for longer than some chocolate cake or pumpkin pie.
So much deliciousness, so little time. Make these now!