Apr 17, 2012
Healthy Mocha Almond Krispy Treats
As a college student, naturally, I have a major slight obsession with coffee…
As a normal human being, I have a profound addiction penchant for chocolate, and all things chocolate.
I may or may not have bought a bulk pack of natural, sugar free milk chocolate off of Amazon.com (hey, don’t judge), and needed to make a dessert with it. Krispy Treats came to my mind. Again, naturally, so did coffee. Mocha Almond Krispy Treats it is! And oh so delicious they were–extremely soft and chewy, utterly decadent and satisfying, and totally, completely, healthy and guilt free!
Healthy Mocha Almond Krispy Treats (refined sugar free, high protein, gluten free)
- Line a brownie pan with parchment paper both ways.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cereal, oats, flax and salt.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, stir together the rice syrup, almond butter and extracts (not the protein powder/coffee yet!). Microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring between each one, until mixture is runny. Stir in the protein powder and coffee one spoonful at a time. Scoop over the dry ingredients and fold together.
- Scoop mixture into prepared pan and flatten.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring between each one, until melted. Pipe into desired design. Refrigerate until firm, slice and enjoy!
This recipe is: no bake, low fat, high fiber, high protein, gluten free!
^^ I sliced them and then drizzled each with chocolate… you know, so each piece has a little more goodness all the way around 🙂
My dad took some to work and his coworkers said it tasted like Coffee Crisps!
Even though they already have caffeine, why not enjoy it with another caffeine source?