Healthy Buttery Lemon Shortbread Cookie Dough
After making those Lemon Cheesecake Bars, I was on a lemon roll!! Get it? Get it? 😀
I know, I’m cheesy… so let’s get onto the fooood shall we? This Buttery Lemon Shortbread Cookie Dough is the springtime snack!
It’s light, it’s fresh, it’s summery and it’s… good for ya?!
It’s buttery, yet contains no butter.
It’s sweet, yet contains no sugar.
It’s doughy, yet contains no gluten.
Heck yes. I’ll take the whole batch please.
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- ½ cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- ¼ cup + 3 tbs Granulated Erythritol (or dry sweetener of choice)
- 32g (1 scoop) Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 1 15oz can Garbanzo Beans (drained and rinsed well; ~1½ cups beans)
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- ¼ cup Natural Almond Butter
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- ¾ tsp Liquid Stevia Extract
- ½ tsp Lemon Flavor
- ½ tsp Natural Butter Flavor
In a large bowl, stir together the oat flour, oats, erythritol, protein powder, and salt.
In a blender, puree together the beans, almond milk, almond butter, lemon zest, stevia extract, lemon flavor, and butter flavor.
Scoop this mixture over the dry ingredients and stir together until mixture is even. For best texture, cover and refrigerate overnight, but you can serve it immediately too!
Can you believe it? I think I’m crying with joy. Despite the clean, fresh lemon flavor, this tastes like one serious diet-buster. But 280 calories for a filling snack filled with fiber and protein? Sounds pretty darn good to me.
I know what I’m making all summer long!
With love and good eats,