Healthy Gluten Free Lemon Sugar Cookies
Would you ever guess that these thick, soft and chewy Gluten Free Lemon Sugar Cookies are healthy?? After one bite you certainly won’t believe me!
These Lemon Sugar Cookies are packed with bright and refreshing lemon flavor — no need for the butter, sugar, or flour!
Yes, that means these cookies are dairy free, sugar free, and gluten free!
EHEM. Who out there craves cookies on the daily? Raise your hand.
Well, if you raised your hand (even if you did so in your imagination), you’re in good company 😉
We could always use a cookie every day. And since these are healthy, why not?
These Lemon Sugar Cookies are actually guilt-free and totally nutritious.
Breakfast approved? Yup!
These gluten free Lemon Sugar Cookies are buttery rich and seriously addicting.
Unlike many gluten free and/or vegan cookies, these aren’t crumbly, dry, hard as a rock, etc. They’re perfectly chewy, oh so soft, and sweet enough to satisfy even the most scandalous sweet tooth. Each bite is like an explosion of lemon flavor!
These are THE cookies for the lemon lovers out there!
Healthy Lemon Sugar Cookies
- one 15.5oz can Cannellini Beans (255g after draining and rinsing)
- 123g (½ cup) Unsweetened Applesauce
- 75g (⅓ cup) Coconut Oil (melted)
- 4 tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 tsp Natural Butter Flavor
- 2 tsp Liquid Stevia Extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 20 drops Natural Yellow Food Coloring
- 68g (½ cup) Sweet White Sorghum Flour
- 60g (½ cup) Oat Flour
- 128g (⅔ cup) Granulated Erythritol
- 2 tsp Double-Acting Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a blender, puree the beans, applesauce, coconut oil, lemon zest, butter flavor, stevia extract, vanilla extract, and food coloring until completely smooth. Scoop the puree into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sorghum flour, oat flour, erythritol, baking powder, and salt. Dump the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk together until completely smooth. Let the batter sit for ~5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion the dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Tap the pans on the counter a few times to level out the cookies.
- Bake for ~15 minutes, or until the center of the cookies spring back when tapped. Let cool on the cookie sheets, then serve and enjoy! Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
You’ve gotta make these cookies — they’re delicious and secretly healthy!
With love and good eats,