Healthy Nutella Banana Bread
This Nutella Banana Bread is what dreams are made of! Not only is there Nutella inside the Banana Bread, but it’s drizzled on top before baking in the oven, too!
Every slice of this is fluffy and light, yet moist and decadently rich.
Every bite will blow. your. mind.
This is one seriously satisfying treat.
This Nutella Banana Bread it’s sugar free, high protein, high fiber, gluten free, and dairy free too!
Yup, absolutely zero white sugar, brown sugar, or butter in this recipe. How on earth is that possible??
I use HOMEMADE NUTELLA, of course! A sweet, smooth, and chocolatey spread full of chocolate and hazelnut flavor.
I was craving Banana Bread but had recently made a new batch of Nutella. Since my original Banana Bread recipe calls for almond butter, I thought, why not swap it with my Homemade Nutella and add a little cocoa powder to the dry ingredients to enhance the chocolate goodness?
So that is what I did. And a good decision that was. 🙂
Flavorful Nutella Banana Bread made without any of the sugar, gluten, butter, or dairy? Yes, it’s possible!
This Nutella Banana Bread makes for the best breakfast! If you ever crave dessert first thing in the morning (I’m not the only one… right?), you gotta bake off a loaf of this deliciousness.
Healthy Nutella Banana Bread
- 136g (1 cup) Sweet White Sorghum Flour
- 96g (½ cup) Granulated Erythritol
- 80g (⅔ cup) Oat Flour
- 15g (3 tbs) Unsweetened Natural Cocoa Powder
- 4 tsp Double-Acting Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 270g (1 cup) Mashed Bananas (super ripe)
- 128g (½ cup) Homemade Nutella (+2 tbs for swirling on top)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Liquid Stevia Extract
- 1 cup + 2 tbs Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×5” loaf pan with cooking spray and line one way with parchment paper for easy removal later.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the sorghum flour, erythritol, oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In an electric stand mixer bowl fitted with a whisk attachment, add the mashed bananas, ½ cup of Nutella, eggs, vanilla extract, and stevia extract. Mix on medium speed until the mixture is even. Then slowly add the almond milk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the stand mixer and increase the mixer speed to medium. Mix until the ingredients are fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Swirl 2 tbs of Nutella on the surface of the batter, then bake for ~75 minutes, or until the surface forms a light crust and springs back when tapped.
- Let cool in the pan for 1 hour, then transfer the loaf to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Slice and serve, or store in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Feel free to add chocolate chips to the recipe!