Healthy Nutella Energy Bites
These heathy Nutella Energy Bites have got all the flavor of creamy, delicious, chocolatey, and hazelnutty Nutella, but without the excess sugar, artificial ingredients, and preservatives!
These deliciously fudgy no-bake bites are SO easy to make, you’ll be snacking in no time!
Ain’t they just adorable?
Almost too cute to eat!
HAH, just kidding. Nothing’s “too cute” to eat, dammit 😉
These Healthy Nutella Energy Bites are damn delicious on their own, but can I share a little breakfast/snack/dessert hack with you?
Chop these up and top your oatmeal with it!
Or your yogurt…
Or a bowl of ice cream…
No matter how you choose to gobble up these little bites, you’ll enjoy ’em in every way possible!
Healthy Nutella Energy Bites
- 256g (1 cup) Homemade Nutella
- ⅔ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 tbs Vanilla Extract (I used my alcohol-free version)
- 2½ tsp Liquid Stevia Extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 153g (1½ cups) Quinoa Flakes
- 90g (¾ cup) Quick Cooking Oats
- 21g (3 tbs) Coconut Flour
- 10g (2 tbs) Unsweetened Dark Cocoa Powder
- In a stand mixer bowl fitted with a beater attachment, add the Nutella, almond milk, vanilla extract, stevia extract and salt. Mix on low speed.
- While mixing, add the quinoa flakes, then oats, then coconut flour, then cocoa powder.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix again (if you want some crunch in there, feel free to add 1/2 cup Chopped Hazelnuts or Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips). Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop to portion out the dough and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Roll the dough into balls. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for later!
I’ll take them ALL, please.
Okay, okay, I’ll just take seven 😉
Just kidding, yes, I’ll take them all.
*Runs away with container full of these energy bites*
With love and good eats,
These look like cute little balls of crack!
HAHAHA! That’s hilarious!! 😀
They’re just as addicting too… 😉
Those look like they would be so addicting! Yep, like crack! Since they are so cute and little, I would probably eat the whole bowl before realizing what I was doing! 🙂
Annie @ Natural Sweet Recipes-
I pretty much did exactly what you speak of… tooootally addicting! Hehehehe 😉
Hey Jess – any good substitutions for quinoa flakes? I’ve got plain old quinoa and quinoa flour but no flakes. I also have other flours on hand. Let me know! Thanks!
I would recommend just using more quick cooking oats, but I haven’t tried it… you might need a little less oats since they’re thicker, but I’m not exactly sure how much. Hope this helps! 😀
I just want to say how inspirational your blog is! I’ve been wanting to start a nutrition blog for a while (I’m a dietetics student, future RD)… and I love your focus on nutritional science 🙂 You have great recipes that are high protein and low sugar for someone like me who looooves bars/energy bites/easy to pack foods but without the processed crap.
Keep doing what you’re doing!
Awww thank you so much!! Congrats on studying nutrition, I’m so proud of other nutrition students 😀
If you start a nutrition blog, or even a nutrition-related blog, I’d love to check it out!
i was wondering if you can add that homemade Metamucil recipe to this recipe for added fiber? My doc thinks I have IBS and wants me to add Metamucil to my diet but I don’t like all the added stuff so I am going to make your homemade version but I do not like to drink that kind of stuff so I thought I could maybe add it to some of your recipes like the one above! Would that work?
That’s a great idea! I’ve never tried adding psyllium to the recipe but I suppose you can add a tiny bit (too much and it’ll thicken up like crazy). I’d say 2 teaspoons?
If you’re looking for recipes with psyllium, I’ve got a whole bunch!
Hope this helps Anne 😀
This blog is the Mecca of sugar free, gluten free vegan recipes! BAM! Thanks
Pingback: Make Your Own Healthy Snacks – FitSnacks.net
Pingback: 75-calorie No-Bake Nutella Energy Bites | Healthy Recipes Feeds
I’m trying this tomorrow!!!! Nice and amazing recipe shared by you, thank you so much for that.
Yay!! Hope you LOVE the energy bites Jane!! 🙂