Healthy Pumpkin Blondies
These Healthy Pumpkin Blondies are dense, chewy, naturally sweetened, and intensely warming from the combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Oh, and could I forget?? They’re tooootally addicting! You’d honestly never know they’re sugar free, gluten free, dairy free and vegan.
This is the perfect thing to ring in the month of October. The second it starts to get colder outside, or the very sight of a leaf changing color, people lose. their. shit.
It’s gotta be PUMPKIN EVERYTHAAAAAANG!!
Despite all the recipes I’ve made with pumpkin, I’m not its biggest fan. I’m neutral to pumpkin’s flavor, it’s “eh” to me. I just adore everything else that gets paired along with pumpkin: ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, the sugary sweetness (my fave is maple syrup and a hint of molasses). I could smell a jar of cinnamon allll daayyy loooong.
But, I know YOU like pumpkin. Everybody loves pumpkin (except me). So I thought I’d make blondies for ya.
These Healthy Pumpkin Blondies are flavorful, chewy, sweet, utterly amazing.
Nothing boring or dry here. In fact, these blondies are dense and rich just like typical blondies, except they’re all natural, refined sugar free, gluten free, dairy free, and vegan. Yes, they’re actually good for you!
These Healthy Pumpkin Blondies are dense, chewy, naturally sweetened, and intensely warming from the combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. You'd never know they're sugar free, gluten free, dairy free, and vegan too!
- 120g (1 cup) Oat Flour
- 85g (½ cup + 2 tbs) Quinoa Flour (or Sweet White Sorghum Flour)
- 1 tbs Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ground Cloves
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Double-Acting Baking Powder
- 215g (¾ cup + 2 tbs) 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 144g (¾ cup) Granulated Erythritol (or Sucanat or Pure Maple Sugar)
- 112g (½ cup) Coconut Oil (melted)
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 tbs Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Liquid Stevia Extract
- 1 tsp Natural Butter Flavor
- ½ cup Mini Dark Chocolate Chips (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line an 8x8" brownie pan with parchment paper both ways.
In a small bowl, whisk together the oat flour, quinoa flour (or sorghum flour), cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, salt and baking powder.
In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, erythritol, melted coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla extract, stevia extract and butter flavor.
Dump the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients and fold together. Mix in the optional chocolate chips, if using.
Scoop the mixture into the prepared pan and spread it out with an offset spatula.
Bake for 35 minutes, or until the center springs back when tapped. Let cool, then slice and serve!
- The recipe above is my revised recipe. I originally posted a Pumpkin Blondie recipe back in 2012 but felt like it could use some work on the texture. Just in case you wanted to see the previous recipe and/or the changes I made, I'm providing the old recipe here:
- 497g (one 15oz can + ¼ cup) 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 14g (1 tbs) Grapeseed Oil
- ½ tsp Stevia Extract
- ½ tsp Natural Butter Flavor
- 48g (⅓ cup) Pure Maple Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 160g (1 cup) Brown Rice Flour
- 120g (1 cup) Oat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
I told you that you can feel good about eating these blondies! Not only because they’re full of healthy ingredients, but because they’re nutritionally balanced with healthy fats, complex carbohydrates, fiber, and protein. I feel ZERO guilt about eating two in a row.
These Healthy Pumpkin Blondies are so good, they’re a must make.
With love and good eats,