Jun 20, 2013
Healthy Snickerz Protein Bars
We all love those famous candy bars. You know, the ones with peanuts, caramel and chocolate? Basically, the synonyms of pure bliss.
And when you combine Homemade Candy Bars + Healthy Ingredients + Protein you get these amazingly delicious Candy Bar Protein Bars! With a soft and chewy interior, some crunchy peanuts in every bite you take, and then a rich chocolatey shell, you know that these are some treats that you can sink your teeth into, free of guilt.
Healthy Snickerz Protein Bars (low sugar, high fiber, gluten free, vegan)
For the Protein Bars:
- Line an 8" brownie pan with parchment paper both ways.
- In a stand mixer bowl with beater attachment, add the peanut butter, almond milk, stevia and salt. Mix on low.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oat flour and protein powder. Slowly add to the stand mixer. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Take the bowl off the mixer, fold the dough into a ball, dump into the prepared pan and spread/flatten the surface. Refrigerate uncovered for 2-3 hours.
For the Caramel Layer:
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the caramel sauce.
- Stir in one scoop of the protein powder, then stir in the next scoop.
- Stir in the peanut flour.
- Scoop the mixture over the protein bar base and spread the super sticky matter to the edges of the pan. Refrigerate uncovered for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Slice into 16 bars and place the bars on a cookie sheet with a Silpat.
- Press peanuts over the caramel (I made a single row of halved peanuts). Refrigerate while you prepare the chocolate.
For the Chocolate Coating:
- Break up the chocolate and place into a double boiler.
- When chocolate is melted, dip the protein bars into the chocolate with two forks. Drip off excess chocolate, then place onto the cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for ~2 hours, or until firm.
*I used both my homemade caramel sauce and storebought sauce, since I ran out of homemade after 1/4 cup
This recipe is: no bake, low sugar, high protein, gluten free, vegan!
Simply mouthwatering (as you can see).
The fudgy base, the chewy caramel and the decadent chocolate… foodgasm.
Chewy, crunchy, sweet, salty… and secretly healthy.
No one would ever know that these Snickerz Protein Bars are actually good for you!
You can slice them into 10 so that they are wide like the picture above ↑↑
Or you can slice them into 16 and get the authentic-size candy bars like the picture below ↓↓
No matter how you slice them though, you will be in heaven.
You can’t go wrong with healthy homemade protein bars!
Like this recipe? Then you’ll LOVE the DIY Protein Bars Cookbook! With 48 dessert-like protein bar recipes, full-color pages and photos for every recipe, you’ll never think twice about buying protein bars from the store again. See this page for more information on the book, including the Table of Contents, some sneak peaks and sample images.
Order it from Amazon here!