Jan 10, 2014
Healthy Single-Serving Chocolate Peanut Butter Microwave Cake
Remember that Peanut Butter Microwave Cake
(with a delicious PB Frosting!) from wayyy
back last April? Well, that recipe
just got even better because now chocolate
is in the picture! This healthy single-serving Chocolate Peanut Butter Microwave Cake is packed full of chocolate and peanut butter flavor, but without all the sugar, butter and oil you might expect from such a tasty
breakfast. You’d never know this super easy five-minute cake is secretly healthy 😉
^^ See how moist it is?
This cake is sugar free, gluten free, high fiber, high protein, eggless and vegan. Now I’ve gotta admit, that sounds kinda gross and off-putting… like the words you’d use to describe a stick of celery… but trust me, this cake is 100% delicious, mouthwatering and addictive.
Chocolatey, peanut buttery, sweet, moist and filling — that certainly sounds like a decadent cake rather than something nutritious, right? Well this breakfast cake has the best of both worlds… it’s a dessert with benefits! Just like the logo of this blog 🙂
Where decadence and health become one!
Single-Serving Chocolate Peanut Butter Microwave Cake
- 7g (1 tbs) Ground Flaxseed
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 62g (1/4 cup) Unsweetened Applesauce
- 4 packets Truvia
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 10g (2 tbs) Regular Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- 23g (3 tbs) Oat Flour
- 23g (3 tbs) Peanut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the flax and almond milk.
- Stir in the applesauce, truvia and salt.
- Stir in the cocoa powder, then the oat flour, then the peanut flour (stir mixture for about a minute to make sure all clumps are gone)
- Last, stir in the baking powder. Pour batter into a 5" baking dish and microwave for ~5 minutes, or until surface springs back when tapped.
- If you want a high-protein, guilt free Peanut Butter Frosting to top the cake off, check out this recipe!
This recipe is: eggless, sugar free, high fiber, high protein, gluten free and vegan!
What a healthy, guilt-free breakfast, huh! With 260 calories, 9g of healthy fats (no butter here), 12g of filling fiber, 8g of natural and unrefined sugars (from fruit only) and 18g of satiating protein, you will be full and happy for hours on end. This cake is so nutritious and balanced that you can have it for breakfast, lunch, a snack and dessert. Mmmm, sounds good to me 🙂