Jul 12, 2013
Healthy Funfetti Cake Frozen Yogurt
Funfetti Cake and Fro Yo met and BOOM… they had a baby.
And THIS is it. Let me introduce:
Creamy (and secretly healthy) Vanilla Bean Frozen Yogurt with chunks of (healthified) Funfetti Cake mixed in. The texture of plain frozen yogurt can be tiresome after a while (especially if you eat like, an entire pint in one sitting), so the differing texture of the cake chunks against the ice cream is simply addicting. The ice cream is sweet sans the sugar, it’s rich without the cream and it’s satisfying without the guilt.
Observe the creaminess.
It needs to be in your face. NOW.
Funfetti Cake Frozen Yogurt
The Day BEFORE You Make the Ice Cream:
- Freeze your ice cream maker bowl for 24+ hours (I use Cuisinart)
- Prepare the vanilla bean frozen yogurt recipe and refrigerate the "batter" overnight.
- Bake the funfetti cake and let cool completely. Chop the cake into small cubes, measure 3 cups and place crumbles in a bowl, cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
The Day You Make the Ice Cream:
- Dump the cake crumbles into the fro yo "batter" and fold gently together.
- Put the frozen ice cream maker bowl on the ice cream maker machine and turn on. Pour the fro yo mixture into the spinning bowl and churn for ~10-13 minutes.
- Scoop the ice cream into a freezer-proof container and freeze for ~2 hours.
- Scoop into bowls and serve!
This recipe is: sugar free/low sugar options, low fat, high protein, gluten free!
I can’t believe this made-from-scratch fro yo is healthy and all natural and I’m the one who made it! You won’t believe it either 🙂