Jun 13, 2013
Healthy Lemon Blondies with Lemon Curd Frosting
I’ve been on the lookout for some healthy lemon recipes lately (especially after finishing that delicious homemade Lemon Curd
And this is strange, because I am not a lemon
person… I am a chocolate
After making seven fruity blondies previous to this one (from strawberry to blueberry to pumpkin to carrot cake) I knew I had to make a lemon version! And MAN… am I glad I did. These Lemon Blondies were a huuuge hit, we finished them the day I baked them. People loved the dense, cake-like texture of these blondies and we all adored the fresh and zingy lemon curd icing drizzled over top.
Lemon Blondies with Lemon Curd Frosting
For the Blondies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line an 8" brownie pan with parchment paper both ways.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the applesauce, almond milk, oil, zest, stevia and food coloring. Whisk in the erythritol and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown rice flour, oat flour and baking powder.
- Slowly stir in the dry into the wet and mix the batter well. Scoop the batter into the prepared pan and pat the pan on the counter to make the batter spread to the edges of the pan. Bake ~33 minutes, or until firm to touch.
- Cool the blondies in the pan for about 30 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool. Slice when completely cooled, other wise the blondies will stick to the knife.
For the Frosting:
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the erythritol and lemon curd.
- Pour into a piping bag and pipe the frosting or simply spread it over each blondie. Serve and enjoy!
**This makes a lot of frosting, probably enough to coat each blondie with a thick, luxurious layer of lemony goodness. Like the amount of frosting a bakery would use to frost a cupcake. You can definitely half the recipe if you want less.
This recipe is: sugar free, gluten free, vegan!
Look at how moist these Lemon Blondies are! So soft, light and fresh, this is the perfect (healthy) snack for the warmer summer months ahead 🙂