Oct 23, 2012
Healthy Butter Pecan Krispy Treats
These Healthy Maple Butter Pecan Krispy Treats beat those lame-o storebought treats, by a long shot!
These are flavorful. These have texture. These are… healthy?
Oh yes. Sweet, rich and decadent treats that are also whole grain, refined sugar free, low fat and gluten free (but you would never know!) Totally different than the “food-like” products at the grocery store, you know, that “stuff” in the blue wrapper? Those are 100% artificial, full of refined white sugar, high-fructose corn syrup and unhealthy fats. Grrrross!
These are supremely chewy and ultimately sweet.
These are some healthy snacks that you can sink your teeth into.
Healthy Maple Butter Pecan Krispy Treats (refined sugar free, high protein, gluten free)
- Line a 9" brownie pan with parchment paper both ways.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cereal, oats, flax, salt and spices.
- In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, stir together the maple syrup, rice syrup, pecan butter, stevia, maple flavor and butter extract. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then microwave for another 30 seconds. Slowly stir in protein powder.
- Scoop the wet mixture over the rice krispy mixture and fold together. Feel free to fold in some chopped pecans.
- Scoop mixture into the prepared pan and flatten out.
If you want an extra kick of maple and protein, top these treats with this Maple Icing!
This recipe is: no bake, low fat, high protein and gluten free!
These would make a great gift to the people you love and care oh so much about.
My family adored them 🙂