Healthy Apple Pie Blondies
These Apple Pie Blondies are sweet, dense, fudgy, and filled with pieces of real apple pie filling! You’d never know this recipe is healthy (oh yes) — each square of apple pie goodness is refined sugar free, gluten free, AND vegan!
You know, one great thing about the upcoming holidays is that sweets are around more than usual. Not many people will leave three different batches of cookies sitting around the kitchen until Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the New Year.
I mean, I always have sweets around because baking is literally part of my job description (yes, I’m lucky), so it’s not so different to me, but it’s definitely out of the ordinary for most.
Dessert is usually an “occasional treat,” not an everyday thing, because dessert is seen as indulgent, sinful, and guilt-ridden. But I’m here to change that with my healthy dessert recipes!
Dessert can become an everyday thing! Like these Apple Pie Blondies, for example.
Wait, what? These Apple Pie Blondies are nutritious? This sweet and delicious dessert is also breakfast-approved??
Haaaaallelujah! Hallelujah! HALLELUJAH! Halleluujahhhh! Ha-lle-lu-jahhhh.
Okay, I’m done. These are just so delicious that they deserve five “hallelujahs” 😉
Just like any typical dessert, these Apple Pie Blondies are sweet, dense, and indulgent, but they definitely aren’t sinful and won’t make you feely guilty whatsoever!
Every bite is full of real apple pie filling. And if you like, drizzle on some pure maple syrup. It is so. good.
I also realized these are great topped with a generous sprinkling of chopped hazelnuts for some crunch and texture. This needs to be in your kitchen. Right now.
I think it goes without saying that these blondies went fast. So fast, it’s kinda spooky…
*licks sticky fingers*
It’s like an old, boring apple pie married a young, sexy blondie 😉
Healthy Apple Pie Blondies
- 246g (1 cup) Unsweetened Applesauce
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 48g (¼ cup) Granulated Erythritol (or dry sweetener of choice)
- ¾ tsp Liquid Stevia Extract
- 160g (1 cup) Brown Rice Flour
- 120g (1 cup) Oat Flour
- 1½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (or Apple Pie Spice)
- 1 tsp Double-Acting Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1½ cups Diced Apple (I used a Granny Smith apple)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line an 8" brownie pan with parchment paper both ways.
- In a large bowl, stir together the applesauce, almond milk, erythritol, and stevia extract.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown rice flour, oat flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt.
- Dump the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold together until completely even. Add the apple and fold again.
- Scoop the dough into the prepared pan and spread it to the edges. Bake for ~55 minutes, or until the center is firm when tapped. Let cool completely, then slice, serve, and enjoy! Store in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
With love and good eats,