Guilt Free Pumpkin Pie Bars
These Guilt Free Pumpkin Pie Bars are just like your classic Pumpkin Pie — it’s silky smooth and creamy, perfectly sweet, and ultimately satisfying — but instead of a wedge of pie, it’s pie in a perfect square form! You’d never know these square pie bars are lower calorie, lower fat, and lower sugar than its circle counterpart.
Thanks to Immaculate Baking Co. for sponsoring this post, and thank YOU for supporting the brands that keep Desserts With Benefits going! All opinions are mine and mine alone.
Like Pumpkin Slab Bars, these Pumpkin Pie Bars are made with a crescent roll dough crust. This was my first time ever trying crescent roll dough as a pie base, and I’m so glad I tried it out. Have you ever used crescent dough as a pie crust? It works so well!
I liked how the crescent roll base provided a nice contrast in texture to the creamy pie filling. It also has just the right amount of flavor so that it complements the pumpkin pie filling rather than take away from it, which can happen sometimes with a graham cracker crust or gingerbread cookie crust.
Unlike pies with a graham cracker or gingerbread cookie crust, the crescent roll dough puts the full focus on the flavor of the pumpkin pie filling. With every delicious bite you get a soft and buttery, lightly sweet crust with a silky, creamy, sweet and spicy pie filling. Made with an entire can of 100% pure pumpkin puree (so you don’t have to refrigerate any leftovers!), sucanat (an unrefined sugar) for a comforting brown sugar flavor, and a blend of spices that we all love — cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg!
Guilt-Free Pumpkin Pie Bars
- 1 15oz can 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree
- ¾ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 4 Large Eggs
- 128 (⅔ cup) Sucanat
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¾ tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Salt
For The Base:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x9" brownie pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and press it into the pan. It's okay if it overlaps, just make sure to press it all down to create an even layer. Bake for ~19 minutes, or until surface is dry and just slightly golden brown. While this bakes, make the filling.
For The Filling:
- In a large bowl, add the pumpkin, almond milk, and eggs. Whisk until completely smooth.
- Whisk in the sucanat, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. When this is completely smooth, pour this over the baked crust. Carefully transfer the pan into the oven and bake for ~50 minutes, or until it's almost completely set (the center will be a tiny bit jiggly but it'll continue to set as it cools).
- Let cool completely, then wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Run a knife or offset spatula around the edges of the pan. Slice into 9 bars. Serve with natural whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice. Cover and refrigerate to store. Keeps for ~1 week.
Did you know a slice of classic Pumpkin Pie can have around 300-450 calories, 14g-18g of fat, and a whopping 30g-45g of sugar?? Not here at Desserts With Benefits! These Guilt Free Pumpkin Pie Bars are perfectly sweet and spicy, but for only 190 calories, 5g of fat, and 18g of natural, unrefined sugar too.
With love and good eats,