Healthy Krispy Treats (refined sugar free, low fat, gluten free, dairy free)
You really can’t go wrong with Krispy Treats — they’re crunchy, they’re chewy, they’re super sweet, and they’re packed with fluffy marshmallows. Oh wait, yeah, that’s the problem… they’re full of fructose and corn syrup, preservatives, and artificial food dyes (yuck). That’s why I made these Healthy Krispy Treats!
These super easy, no-bake Healthy Krispy Treats are sweet and addicting, yet refined sugar free, low fat, dairy free, and gluten free too.
Go ahead. Grab one with me, won’t ya?
LOOK AT THAT CRUNCHY CHEWY DELICIOUSNESS!
Healthy Krispy Treats
- 2 tbs Coconut Oil
- 4 packed cups (185g) Homemade Marshmallows
- 5 cups Crispy Brown Rice Cereal
- Line an 8x8" brownie pan with parchment paper both ways.
- In a saucepan, add the coconut oil and place over medium-low heat. When the coconut oil is warm and liquidy, add the marshmallows. Gently stir with a silicone spatula until almost all of the marshmallows have fully melted.
- Dump in the rice cereal and gently fold together. When the mixture is fully incorporated, scoop it into the prepared pan. Flatten the mixture by laying a sheet of parchment on top of the mixture and pressing down firmly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Slice and serve the following day. Enjoy!
Dang! I think I just fell in love. Only 150 calories and 3.5g of fat for one of these Healthy Krispy Treats.
These Healthy Krispy Treats came and went in 3… 2… 1… GONE.
Storebought krispies treats measure 2½” x 1½” and my Healthy Krispy Treats measure 2½” x 2½”. If you want these to be the same size as the storebought kind, slice them into 15 (3×5) instead of 9 (3×3). They will be AMAZING either way!
Whether you’re single or taken, you should ALWAYS indulge in a healthy treat for Valentine’s Day! I think these heart-shaped, chocolate-dipped treats fit the bill, yes? YES.
Who wouldn’t want one of these?? Anyone would be happy to receive one of these for Valentine’s Day (or any day, for that matter)!
With love and good eats,