Healthy Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread
Just when you thought Banana Bread couldn’t get any better, THIS comes along: Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread! Made healthy, sugar free, high protein, high fiber, gluten free, and dairy free, but one bite and you’d never suspect any of that. This loaf is so moist and rich, sweet and decadent, and fluffy and flavorful, it tastes like it’s full of butter, sugar, and calories.
I guess what I’m trying to say is, this Chocolate Banana Bread is what dreams are made of. And those dreams came true. It’s heaven. It’s legendary. It’s perfection.
I could keep going, but I’ll stop there.
If you were wondering what the inside of this Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread looks like, it’s this:
And if you were wondering what this Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread tastes like, it’s heaven.
This deliciously moist, fluffy, and tender Chocolate Banana Bread is perfect for Banana Bread lovers and Chocolate Cake lovers alike.
With beautiful swirls of chocolate throughout, this recipe might look like it’d be difficult to make, but it’s actually super easy! You just reserve a portion of the batter, whisk in cocoa powder, scoop the chocolate batter into the pan on top of the regular batter, then use a knife to swirl the two batters together.
Looks fancy schmancy, too. It’s the perfect way to start your day or end your day — you can serve it for dessert at a party and impress everyone, but you can also warm it up for breakfast with a side of coffee and just impress yourself 😉
Upgrade your regular Banana Bread and make this chocolate-swirled version.
Top a slice with a pat of butter, freshly sliced bananas, a drizzle of melted chocolate, a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips, a spoonful of Healthy Nutella, or serve it all on its own — no matter what you choose, it’s gonna be delicious!
Healthy Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread
- 136g (1 cup) Sweet White Sorghum Flour
- 120g (1 cup) Oat Flour
- 96g (½ cup) Granulated Erythritol
- 4 tsp Double-Acting Baking Powder
- 1 tbs Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1⅓ cups Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 350g (1¼ cups) Mashed Bananas (super ripe)
- 128g (½ cup) Roasted Almond Butter
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 tbs Vanilla Extract
- 1½ tsp Liquid Stevia Extract
- 15g (3 tbs) Unsweetened Dark Cocoa Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×5” loaf pan with cooking spray and line one way with parchment paper for easy removal later.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the sorghum flour, oat flour, erythritol, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In an electric stand mixer bowl fitted with a whisk attachment, add the almond milk, mashed bananas, nut butter, eggs, vanilla extract and stevia extract. Mix on low speed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the stand mixer and increase the mixer speed to medium. Mix until the ingredients are fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Pour half of the batter into another bowl. Whisk the cocoa powder into one bowl.
- Alternate scooping each batter into the prepared loaf pan, and use a knife to swirl the two in order to create the marbled effect. Bake for ~1 hour + 20 minutes, or until the surface forms a light crust and springs back when tapped.
- Let cool in the pan for 1 hour, then transfer the loaf to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Slice and serve, or store in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Take Banana Bread to the next level with this Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread!
Is this NOT the dreamiest, fluffiest, sweetest thang your eyes ever did see?!? 😉
With love and good eats,
What a wonderful recipe. I loved the way you portrayed everything through pictures.Pictures itself show how toothsome it would be. I am surely going to have this.
Swirling chocolate into ANYTHING makes it better. Including banana bread! I bet your loaf tastes like heaven. Especially with MORE peanut butter or chocolate spread on top!
Pingback: Healthy Marbled Matcha Green Tea Banana Bread | gluten free, dairy free