Healthy Banana Bread (+ Video!)
GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS! I’m beyond excited right now and I’m typing at about 7x my standard speed because I am bringing this amazing Healthy Banana Bread recipe to y’all. This is without a doubt the BEST Banana Bread I have ever made, and eaten, in.my.life.
This is real people, not a joke, nor an exaggeration.
This creation right here? You’re DAMN RIGHT I’M PROUD OF IT.
One bite in and I was like, “WTF who stole my healthy Banana Bread and swapped it with this unhealthy one??”
It tastes like it’s full of sugar and butter. And it certainly does not feel or taste gluten-free. It doesn’t fall apart like sand, and thankfully, it doesn’t taste like sand either. It’s so full of banana flavor too. I CAN’T EVEN.
This Gluten-Free Banana Bread is soft and springy and moist and sweet and addictive and packed with banana flavor.
I could die a happy girl right now. But only if you bury me with a freshly baked loaf of this Banana Bread.
Does this Banana Bread make for the bestest, healthiest breakfast EVER?! Why yes, yes it does. With 8.5g of protein, 4.5g of fiber, healthy fats, and zero added sugar, this is most definitely breakfast-approved. It’s also sweet and delicious enough to be served for dessert. I’d recommend topping it with a drizzle of Chocolate Syrup or a generous scoop of Vanilla Protein Ice Cream!
Watch me make a batch on camera:
Healthy Banana Bread
- 136g (1 cup) Sweet White Sorghum Flour
- 120g (1 cup) Oat Flour
- 4 tsp Double-Acting Baking Powder
- 1 tbs Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup + 2 tbs Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 345g (1¼ cups) Mashed Bananas (I used frozen/completely thawed VERY ripe bananas)
- 128g (½ cup) Roasted Almond Butter (the drippy kind)
- 96g ½ cup Granulated Erythritol (or dry sweetener of choice)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 tbs Vanilla Extract
- 1½ tsp Liquid Stevia Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9x5” loaf pan with cooking spray and line one way with parchment paper for easy removal later.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the sorghum flour, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In an electric stand mixer bowl fitted with a whisk attachment, add the almond milk, mashed bananas, almond butter, erythritol, eggs, vanilla extract and stevia extract. Mix on low speed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the stand mixer and increase the mixer speed to medium. Mix until the ingredients are fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for ~70 minutes, or until the surface forms a light crust and springs back when tapped.
- Let cool in the pan for 1 hour, then transfer the loaf to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Slice and serve, or store in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
With love and good eats,