Healthy Thumbprint Cookies
These 8-ingredient Healthy Thumbprint Cookies are so simple and delicious, you’d never know they’re refined sugar free, gluten free, dairy free, and vegan!
Thumbprint Cookies are just like regular cookies but with a teaspoon or so of fruit jam in the center, which adds a mouthwatering contrast in both texture and flavor.
They. Are. So. Good!
These Healthy Thumbprint Cookies are seriously delicious. They’re basically soft and chewy almond butter cookies with raspberry fruit spread in the center. Like a PB&J made into an AB&J, and then turned into a cookie.
Can these get any better?? No, they can’t.
And guess what? These are so incredibly easy to make, too. They require only eight simple ingredients and take just a few minutes to whip together.
The almond butter makes these cookies rich and buttery, the jam makes them sweet, and their beautiful appearance makes them oh so tempting. No worries, though. These Thumbprint Cookies are good for you!
Healthy Thumbprint Cookies
- 128g (½ cup) Roasted Almond Butter
- 40g (¼ cup) Coconut Sugar
- 3 tbs Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Liquid Stevia Extract (optional, if you want sweeter cookies!)
- 120g (1 cup) Oat Flour
- ¾ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 3 tbs 100% Fruit Raspberry Spread (or whatever flavor you like)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond butter, coconut sugar, almond milk, vanilla extract, and optional stevia extract.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oat flour, baking soda, and salt. Dump the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold together. Form the dough into a ball. Break off chunks of the dough and roll into balls. Shape the balls into patties and place them on a baking sheet.
- Use a teaspoon measure to indent "thumbprints" into the cookies. Reshape any large cracks that form on the edges of the cookie dough. Fill each "well" with some fruit spread.
- Bake for ~10-11 minutes (do not overbake!). Slide the parchment paper off the pan and onto the counter and let cool completely. Serve and enjoy!
130-calorie cookies?? Not bad. Not bad at all! I’ll take three, please. 😉
These Thumbprint Cookies are soft, chewy, and perfectly sweet!
Is it just me or are these cookies just the CUTEST little thangs??
With love and good eats,
sounds yummy and looks great!
OMG. How cute! I needed something to bake for a study-group this Saturday and this is just perfect!
Thumbprint cookies were one of my favorites growing up! I found my recipe in an American Girl Doll cookbook. I made them all the time for my family using raspberry jam. We’d eat the entire batch in one day — all 4 dozen cookies!
I love thumbprint cookies… there’s something about them that takes out the child in me.. I wish strawberry season were not over here in India!!
Love it! Thanks for recipe 🙂
Awww, they’re adorable! I’ve never had a thumbpront cookie, but this looks like a great recipe to start with. It’s so easy!
These look absolutely gorgeous. My DH has been behind my life to make him some jam cookies and these look perfect for that. Don’t have almond butter though…mayb i’ll just go get some from whole foods.
Beautiful pics as well. I’m very impressed 🙂
These sound SO GOOD! Adding them to my must make list 🙂
Glad you liked the recipe!
Pingback: Gluten Free Stawberry Thumbprint Cookies - Gluten Free Jenny
OMG! I literally just made these and they are AAAMMMMAAAZING! My new favorite cookie. I used organic blueberry preserves.
What I like most about these cookies is that they are very crunchy!:) I made them with peanut butter and that might be the reason that, for me, they taste a little healthy. But, hey, they are, so that’s no big problem;P
I can almost taste these, like a almond butter and jelly sandwich but a cookie! Love this
Pingback: 14 Healthy Potluck Dessert Recipes | Gluten Free | Desserts With Benefits
Pingback: Healthy Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies (Gluten Free, Vegan)
I’m a cookie lover and it’s very difficult to find good recipes without sugar. You are a life saver!
Pingback: 18 Healthy Back To School Recipes | Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Vegan
Amazing, I just love your recipe. I made the cookies with your recipe and it was delicious. All my family members are loving. Also, I play golf every morning, now I take your cookies with me whenever I am going to play and ate them in my break time. The mixture of vanilla milk and almond butter is great. Keep uploading more recipes like this. Thank you.
Awww thank you so much! I’m glad you liked the cookies! 🙂