May 13, 2013
Healthy Strawberry Shortcake Krispy Treats
I have been making a ton of marshmallows lately, I guess I’m still in shock that we can make these puffy white clouds of sugariness at home. So I tried making krispy treats with them. It’s May, national strawberry month, so I thought I would add some strawberries to the mix!
One bite in, I was amazed at how good these krispy treats were. They were sweet, chewy, fruity and delicious… I needed to share them!
I gave my dad a few treats to bring to his dessert-obsessed coworkers (aka, my taste-testing guinea pigs) and this is what he said:
Oh yeah!! And yes, those are pictures of our adorable little dog.
You know you want to marvel at his cuteness 🙂
- Too. Much. Peanut Buttterrrr!!
- He loooves sleeping… on people.
- Jax is wrapped in a blanket (aka, a doggy “burrito”)!
- Jax sitting up like a proper human being in his bed to see what I’m cooking
- Jax “smiling” in his sleep
- Jax sleeping in our arms, us playing with his face!
- Booga Booga BOOGA!
Jax says, enjoy the krispy treats 😉
Healthy Strawberry Shortcake Krispy Treats (gluten free)
- Line a 9" brownie pan with parchment paper both ways.
- In a large bowl, add the rice cereal, oats and flax.
- In a large pot, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the protein powder. Once incorporated, add the marshmallows and stir until all has melted.
- Remove pot from heat and dump in the dry cereal mix. Fold together with a rubber spatula. Once incorporated, fold in the dried strawberries.
- Scoop mixture into the prepared pan and flatten with the spatula. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, then slice and serve!
This recipe is: no bake, low fat, low sugar, high protein, gluten free!