Healthy Coconut Fudge
This Healthy Coconut Fudge is just like regular fudge — super rich, uber decadent and tooth-achingly sweet — but it’s secretly healthy and guilt-free! Yup, that means no butter, no white sugar and no sweetened condensed milk… just pure, fudgy coconutty goodness!
You get all the real, natural coconut flavor from the coconut cream concentrate — no artificial food flavorings here! Each little cube is like a piece of heaven. They’re super soft, yet they hold their shape long enough for you to pop them in your mouth… where they then melt in your mouth.
Healthy Coconut Fudge
- Line an 8″ brownie pan with parchment paper both ways, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the cottage cheese and stevia extract. Blend with a hand blender (I used KitchenAid’s Cordless Hand Blender with the Star Blade (seen in this post) until smooth.
- With one hand, blend the mixture WHILE you pour in the melted coconut cream concentrate/coconut butter with the other hand (if your cottage cheese is cold, the coconut will harden and not make a smooth fudge).
- With one hand, blend the mixture while you sprinkle in the erythritol (don’t dump it in all at once otherwise the coconut will harden).
- Finally, add the metamucil one tablespoon at a time, blending in between each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and give it one more blend.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared brownie pan and spread until smooth. It might take a while to spread, but try to flatten it out as best you can. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Slice the next day and serve! To store, seal tightly with plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator.
Here is a nutrition label comparison between About.com’s recipe and the Desserts with Benefits recipe:
Only 110 calories and 6g of fat for THREE pieces of fudge? Hell yeah. Especially when the only alternative is 380 unhealthy calories with 14g of fat and 59g of sugar… that’s nearly 5 tablespoons of sugar.
I’ll take my healthified recipe, thank you very much!
Why hello there little plate of fudge…
That’s some guilt-free Healthy Coconut Fudge right there!
This quick and easy recipe is a 5-ingredient wonder.
Super easy to make, super easy to
shove in face eat
With love and good eats,
Be sure to follow @DessertsWithBenefits on Instagram! If you try this recipe, make sure to snap a picture of it, tag me @DessertsWithBenefits, and hashtag #DessertsWithBenefits. I’d love to see it and feature you on #FanFaveFridays!