Healthy Mo-tella Fudge DIY Protein Bars (Nutella-ish, but BETTER!)
What are these Healthy Mo-tella Fudge DIY Protein Bars you speak of? They’re basically like Nutella-infused protein bars — sweet, chocolatey, and hazelnutty — but without all the junky ingredients. These are made secretly GOOD for you! They’re no bake, super easy to make, decadently fudgy, and supremely addictive. You’d never know they’re sugar free, whole grain, gluten free, dairy free, and vegan!
Wholesome and all natural chocolate-hazelnut protein bars? Yes puh-lease.
One bite and you’ll be screaming, “Gimme MO of those Mo-tella Fudge DIY Protein Bars!!”
If you’re looking for a tasty, quick breakfast/snack on the go, make these Healthy Mo-tella Fudge DIY Protein Bars. Natural ingredients come together to make this fudgy goodness as guilt-free as possible so you can feel good about eating them. You can have ALL the taste of Nutella® but without all the nasty sugar, added oils, and preservatives.
These protein bars are for serious chocolate lovers only. Either join the chocolate-lovers club or get outta here.
You must make these protein bars as soon as you step foot inside your kitchen. You will have quick and easy snacks all ready for you for the entire week! If they last that long. All by myself, these lasted me 3 days (there is NO such thing as taking things slowly). When I was in college, I used to take them to school to snack in between classes. Every time the bell rang, a huge smile would creep on my face. Oh yeah, the bell meant it was snack time. I’d eat a protein bar before class (for concentration, fuel, and energy) and a protein bar after class (as a post-class reward, duhhh).
I wonder how long this chocolate-hazelnut goodness will last in YOUR home? Not long, I’m sure. Not long at all 😉
LOOK AT THE FUDGINESSSSSS!
Healthy Mo-tella Fudge DIY Protein Bars
- 128g (½ cup) Roasted Hazelnut Butter **
- 1 cup + 2 tbs Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Crème-Flavored Stevia Extract
- 168g (1¼ cups) Chocolate Brown Rice Protein Powder
- 80g (⅔ cup) Oat Flour
- 3 tbs Unsweetened Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Line an 8x8” brownie pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In an electric stand mixer bowl tted with a beater attachment, add all of the ingredients. Mix on low speed until everything is fully incorporated.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix on medium speed for one last mix. Mixture should be thick and fudgy, like cookie dough.
- Scoop the mixture into the brownie pan and atten it out. Tightly cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Lift the mixture out of the pan. Slice into 12 bars. Individually wrap the protein bars in plastic sandwich baggies. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or stash them in the freezer.
- **You can buy hazelnut butter online or you can make it at home. Making nut butters at home saves a TON of money, but you do need a good food processor to do it!
- Do not use whey/egg/casein protein! The mixture will be gooey and won’t solidify.
- Keeps for ~1 week in the fridge or ~3 months in a sealed sandwich baggie in the freezer.
THIS HOMEMADE PROTEIN BAR RECIPE IS 1 OF 48 RECIPES IN MY DIY PROTEIN BARS COOKBOOK!
WITH FLAVORS LIKE SNICKERZ, CHOCOLATE-COVERED STRAWBERRY, CARAMEL MACCHIATO, AND S’MORES, YOU’LL NEVER BUY PROTEIN BARS FROM THE STORE AGAIN.
To learn more about the book and see some sneak peeks, see this page.
I am so incredibly lucky to be a part of such a loving, adoring, and supportive online community. Here are some of the pictures readers have shared with me on social media and via email of their Mo-tella Protein Bar remakes!
Thanks Lauren G!
These Healthy Mo-tella Fudge DIY Protein Bars are super healthy, packed with healthy fats, fiber, complex carbs and high-quality protein. Yeah, I’ll take twelve. *whistles and looks away*
Eat protein bars.