Healthy Vegan Key Lime Curd

This Healthy Vegan Key Lime Curd is so creamy, sweet, tart, and delicious, you’d never know it’s sugar free, low carb, gluten free, and dairy free too!

(How to Make Key Lime Curd) This Healthy Vegan Key Lime Curd is creamy, sweet, tart, and delicious. You'd never know it's sugar free, low carb, gluten free, dairy free, and vegan! It’s summer in a spoonful. Healthy Dessert Recipes with sugar free, low calorie, low fat, low carb, high protein, gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and raw options at the Desserts With Benefits Blog (www.DessertsWithBenefits.com)

While squeezing the juice out of 3,485 tiny key limes is the bane of my existence, this Healthy Vegan Key Lime Curd is so, so worth it.  No need for the 1½ sticks of butter, heaping cup of sugar, and 8 egg yolks (typical ingredients in fruit curd recipes).

When I made my Healthy Vegan Lemon Curd, I wasn’t expecting it to quickly soar into being one of my blog’s top recipes.  Well, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised because it’s damn delicious.

I thought, why not make a variation?

As I strolled down the produce aisle at the grocery store, the key limes caught my eye.  Without hesitation or even asking myself what kind of recipe I’d use them in, I put a bag in my shopping cart.

This is pretty much how all of my grocery shopping goes…  75% of my cart will be impromptu purchases and the remaining 25% will be the stuff that I actually went to the store for in the first place.

*rolls eyes*

BUT.  No regrets.  I’m glad I grabbed a bunch of key limes because this Healthy Vegan Key Lime Curd came to be.  And it is perfection.  It’s super tart, perfectly sweet, and packed with key lime flavor!  It’s so creamy and dreamy, it’s summertime in a spoonful.

(How to Make Key Lime Curd) This Healthy Vegan Key Lime Curd is creamy, sweet, tart, and delicious. You'd never know it's sugar free, low carb, gluten free, dairy free, and vegan! It’s summer in a spoonful. Healthy Dessert Recipes with sugar free, low calorie, low fat, low carb, high protein, gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and raw options at the Desserts With Benefits Blog (www.DessertsWithBenefits.com)

Healthy Vegan Key Lime Curd
Prep Time
30 mins
Cook Time
15 mins
Total Time
45 mins
 

This Healthy Vegan Key Lime Curd is so creamy, sweet, tart, and delicious, you'd never know it's sugar free, low carb, gluten free, and dairy free too!

Course: Dessert
Cuisine: American
Servings: 18 servings
Calories: 50 kcal
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. In a double boiler placed over medium heat, whisk together the coconut milk, key lime juice, and key lime zest.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together the erythritol, corn starch, turmeric, and salt.  Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until completely smooth.  Whisk occasionally for ~5 minutes.  When the mixture begins to warm up, whisk a bit more often.  When you hear the water bubble in the bottom portion of the double boiler, whisk the mixture constantly until thickened.
  3. Place a fine mesh sieve over a heat-proof bowl and strain the curd.  Whisk the butter flavor into the strained mixture.  Let the curd cool on the counter for ~1 hour, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
  4. The next day, give the curd a whisk to make sure it's even, then spoon into serving jars.  Enjoy!
Recipe Notes

Adapted from:  Lemon Curd

Nutrition Facts
Healthy Vegan Key Lime Curd
Amount Per Serving (1 serving = 2 tbs)
Calories 50 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4g 6%
Saturated Fat 3.5g 18%
Sodium 20mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 3g 1%
Vitamin C 4%
Iron 2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Compared to 2 tbs of storebought key lime curd, 2 tablespoons of my healthified version will save you 50 calories and a whopping 32g of sugar (nearly 3 tablespoons worth)!

(How to Make Key Lime Curd) This Healthy Vegan Key Lime Curd is creamy, sweet, tart, and delicious. You'd never know it's sugar free, low carb, gluten free, dairy free, and vegan! It’s summer in a spoonful. Healthy Dessert Recipes with sugar free, low calorie, low fat, low carb, high protein, gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and raw options at the Desserts With Benefits Blog (www.DessertsWithBenefits.com)

This Healthy Vegan Key Lime Curd is tart and refreshing, you gotta make a batch for yourself!

Spoon some over Pancakes, Waffles, or Vanilla Ice Cream.  Swirl some into yogurt or oatmeal.  Dip your finger in the jar and eat it straight up.  No matter how you consume this stuff, you’ll be sure to enjoy it  🙂

.

With love and good eats,

.

– Jess

.

3 comments on “Healthy Vegan Key Lime Curd”

  1. Pingback: Healthy Key Lime Pie Sundaes | Refined Sugar Free, Gluten Free Recipe

  2. Pingback: Healthy Key Lime Pie Dip Recipe - Weight Loss Guide

  3. Pingback: Desserts With Benefits 21 Healthy Pink Desserts for Breast Cancer Awareness Month -

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *