Healthy Single-Serving Chocolate Microwave Muffin with Peanut Butter Icing
A Healthy Single-Serving Chocolate Microwave Muffin that can be “baked” in less than 5 minutes flat?
YOU BET. Mix the batter, pop it in the microwave, dive right in… with no need to share. Really.
So skip the oven preheating and an insanely long baking time and make the ultimate chocolate muffin — this Healthy Single-Serving Chocolate Microwave Muffin is made with flax, applesauce and oats! A good day will always start with some dessert for breakfast, but an amazing day will always start with a healthy breakfast, such as this one.
I mean, a guilt-free chocolate muffin so early in the a.m.? Totally indicative of a great day to come 🙂
Healthy Single-Serving Chocolate Microwave Muffin
- 1 tbs Ground Flaxseed
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 4 packets Natural Sweetener (I used stevia)
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 15g (3 tbs) Unsweetened Natural Cocoa Powder
- 45g (6 tbs) Oat Flour
- 1 tsp Double-Acting Baking Powder
- 3 tbs Peanut Flour
- 2 packets Natural Sweetener
- 2 tbs Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
For the Muffin:
- Spray a 5" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the flax, almond milk, applesauce, sweetener, and salt.
- Stir in the cocoa powder, then stir in the oat flour.
- Last, stir in the baking powder. Scoop batter into the prepared baking dish and microwave for about 4 minutes + 30 seconds, or until surface springs back when tapped.
For the Icing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until smooth.
Compared with the Serious Eats chocolate mug cake, which has 860 calories, 58g fat, and 60g sugar (!!!), this healthified version is the clear winner.
This Healthy Single-Serving Chocolate Microwave Muffin is made for you (and you only!) and has just a fraction of the calories, fat and sugar than the other recipes, plus any other muffin you would find at the grocery store or bakery!
Make friends with your microwave, because you’re going to be hanging around it for quite some time.
With love and good eats,