After making Homemade Ladyfingers, you had to know this was coming, right? Here it is guys… I bring you Tiramisù. Let me clarify, this is Healthy Tiramisù!
This Tiramisù has the perfect ratio of Ladyfingers:Mascarpone Cream Filling. And the hint of coffee and rum? Oh yeah, that makes this dessert about 372,001x better 😉
Did I even mention that this recipe is 100% homemade, from the Ladyfingers to the mascarpone cream filling?
Oh yeah x 100.
My taste testers said this was my, and I quote, “BEST DESSERT YET!”
The pastry cream filling is rich and flavorful, the soft ladyfingers add texture and a unique quality to the dish overall. The generous dusting of cocoa powder just gives this dessert life. The cocoa adds warmth and provides the dish with a nice balance to finish it all off.
So slice a big hunk of this Tiramisù onto a plate and share with a couple of your favorite peeps. I know, it’s tough, you’ll want to keep this all to yourself, but sharing is caring!
For one slice at least, after that, hoard it all for yourself. That’s what I did and I regret it 0% 😉
The Ladyfingers are soft with a prominent coffee and rum flavor. The pastry cream filling is creamy, silky smooth, and full of vanilla flavor.
Get ready to dig in y’all.
A healthy Tiramisù recipe? I know it’s hard to believe, I don’t think those two words have ever been in the same sentence before today. I’ll prove it here with the recipe:
- 24 Homemade Ladyfingers**
- ⅓ cup Brewed Espresso
- ¼ cup Gold Rum (or Brandy)
- 3 tbs Unsweetened Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
For the Pastry Cream:
- In a metal bowl placed over a saucepan of an inch of simmering water, whisk together the egg yolks, powdered erythritol, and vanilla paste. Whisk constantly until thickened. When you can draw a number 8 with the thickened mixture, it's ready. DO NOT overcook!
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Whisk in the mascarpone, then whisk in the yogurt.
- Line a 9×5″ loaf pan with two layers of plastic wrap so that there is an overhang. Make sure to press the plastic into the pan so that the entire pan is coated.
- In a shallow dish, add the espresso and rum. Dunk both sides of a ladyfinger in the mixture (don't let it soak too long otherwise they'll absorb too much and get mushy or even disintegrate) and place it inside the loaf pan. Do this until you have an entire layer of ladyfingers.
- Scoop ⅓ of the mascarpone filling over the ladyfingers and spread it out.
- Dunk the ladyfingers in the espresso/rum mixture and line them over the mascarpone filling.
- Repeat twice, then top it off with a final layer of dunked ladyfingers. Tightly cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the plastic wrap and flip the loaf pan onto a serving dish. Gently remove the loaf pan and carefully peel the plastic wrap off the Tiramisu. Dust with the cocoa powder, then slice and serve!
For real guys, this is a game changer in the world of Tiramisù! Compared to classic Tiramisu, this healthier version has:
- 220 less calories
- 18g less fat
- half the cholesterol
- zero added sugar (saving you 18g of sugar — that’s 4½ teaspoons!)
This is one showstopping dessert. You gotta make this (secretly) Healthy Tiramisù ASAP! Indulge in healthfully, naturally, and sinlessly.
With love and good eats,