Oct 27, 2012
Healthy Chocolate Buckwheat Pancakes
It was only a matter of time before I added chocolate to these Pancakes. Okay, really now, I made these the day after the original version but didn’t want to annoy you by posting two pancake recipes in a row.
But now that I think of it, how could that possibly be annoying?
Just like the Basic Buckwheat Pancakes, these Healthy Chocolate Buckwheat Pancakes are 100% healthy, guilt free, filling and nutritious. Incredibly delicious when topped with Homemade Chocolate Almond Butter and fruit 🙂
Healthy Chocolate Buckwheat Pancakes (sugar free, gluten free, vegan)
- 60g (1/2 cup) Buckwheat Flour
- 10g (2 tbs) Unsweetened Regular Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 4-5 packets Truvia*
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Spray a pan with cooking spray and place on your stove's lowest heat setting.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the buckwheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and truvia.
- Add the almond milk and whisk until clumps are gone.
- Raise the stove's temperature setting to medium/medium-high and once hot enough, scoop a spoonful of batter onto the pan. Cook for 2-4 minutes, or until bubbles stop popping on the pancake surface and when the edges and most of the surface looks dry. Flip and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes.
- Do this with the rest of the batter, then serve with maple syrup, chocolate almond butter, fruit and chocolate chips!
*Use 4 pkts if you like pancakes with your maple syrup, use 5 pkts if you like maple syrup with your pancakes
This recipe is: sugar free, low fat, high fiber, high protein, gluten free, vegan!
See that entire stack of delicious pancakes below? Imagine that (plus two more that I ate while cooking, hehe) right in front of you for only 260 calories, 16g of fiber and 10g of protein… awesome right? Super Healthy Chocolate Buckwheat Pancakes without any processed flour, butter or sugar!
Instead of the usual maple syrup, I topped my pancakes with Homemade Chocolate Almond Butter. I was too excited to eat the pancakes that I didn’t bother warming the nut butter beforehand 😉
That’s some chocolate bliss right there.