Healthy Double Chocolate Banana Bread (sugar free, high protein, gluten free, dairy free)
I used to be a Banana Bread purist. As in, I didn’t like my ‘Nana Bread with nuts, chocolate chips, crumb toppings, etc. It had to be PURE Banana Bread or NO Banana Bread at all… but things have changed over the last two decades. I like to deck it out now.
Peanut Butter Banana Bread? Hell yeah.
Matcha Green Tea-Swirled Banana Bread? Oooo give me three slices.
Coffee Cake Banana Bread. Ummm, how does such a magical thing exist?
Nutella Banana Bread? OMG am I DREAMING?!
And now, as of May 1st, 2019, my friends, we’ve got a healthy, sugar free, high protein, gluten free, and dairy free DOUBLE Chocolate Banana Bread.
*faints of happiness*
What’s light and fluffy, perfectly moist and rich, and sweet and chocolatey? This Double Chocolate Banana Bread y’all. Mixed in along with the bananas is flavorful cocoa powder, and to take it up a notch, we’ve also got a generous sprinkling of chocolate chips stirred in all throughout the batter.
Every bite is mind-glowingly delicious. This goodness-in-a-loaf doesn’t taste good for you at all.
If you’re craving something sweet, but don’t want something heavy and full of excess calories, fat, and sugar, then this recipe is for you. Yup, absolutely zero white sugar, brown sugar, or butter in this recipe!
This Double Chocolate Banana Bread is sugar free, high protein, high fiber, gluten free, and dairy free too!
Perfectly suitable for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. Or at least it is in my book because I eat sweets when I want. Whether it’s 8am or 8pm. Or any time in between 😉
Healthy Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- 136g (1 cup) Sweet White Sorghum Flour
- 90g (¾ cup) Oat Flour
- 20g (¼ cup) Unsweetened Dark Cocoa Powder
- 4 tsp Double-Acting Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 340g (1¼ cups) Mashed Bananas (use super ripe nanas!)
- 128g (½ cup) Roasted Almond Butter (the drippy kind)
- 96g (½ cup) Granulated Erythritol
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 tbs Vanilla Extract
- 1½ tsp Liquid Stevia Extract
- 1 cup + 2 tbs Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- ½ cup No-Sugar-Added Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9x5” loaf pan with cooking spray and line one way with parchment paper for easy removal later.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the sorghum flour, oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, almond butter, and erythritol until even. Then whisk in the eggs, vanilla extract, and stevia extract. Lastly, whisk in the almond milk.
- Dump the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients and whisk together until completely combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 75 minutes. Let cool completely, then slice and serve!
If you’re feeling extra, that melt some chocolate and drizzle the loaf with it. If you’re feeling extra, you are so my people 😉
Nice post, Jess. Now I can give such inspiration for my wife to cook something during the fasting season this year.
Awesome!! Hope you and your wife love this Chocolate Banana Bread 🙂
Pingback: Healthy Single-Serving Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal (Gluten Free, Vegan)
Pingback: Healthy DOUBLE Chocolate Banana Bread (gluten free, sugar free) | Healthy Recipes Feeds
I was looking for a banana bread recipe for my husband and I stumbled on this article. I read and followed the instructions carefully and I made it deliciously! He is so happy! Thanks for this!
Oh my goodness you just made my entire weekend Kate!! I’m so glad you and your husband liked the banana bread 🙂
Have an amazing weekend <3