Healthy Black Velvet Cookie Dough
What is “black velvet” you ask? Oh, it’s just like red velvet, only jet-black. It’s sweet, chocolatey, and 100% delicious. Because it’s so dang hot out here in Texas, instead of baking a cake, I decided to make a no-bake treat… cookie dough it is! Not only is this Healthy Black Velvet Cookie Dough safe to eat raw (yup, no eggs here!), it’s got a secret ingredient too. Can you guess what makes it black? Hint, it’s not yucky artificial food coloring…
This rich and addictive, chocolatey Healthy Black Velvet Cookie Dough is all natural, sugar free, high protein, gluten free, AND vegan… oh, but you’d never know it.
No need to pinch yourself because you’re not dreaming. This is real life.
So what’s in this cookie dough? Lemme tell ya:
- Oat Flour
- Brown Rice Protein Powder
- Almond Butter
- Black Beans
- Chocolate Chips
- Activated Charcoal Powder (yes, for real)
Surprised by the ingredients? Surprised at how CHARCOAL got into your dessert? Don’t be. You don’t taste it at all. I was seriously skeptical myself at first, but couldn’t detect it one bit.
This Healthy Black Velvet Cookie Dough tastes just like regular cookie dough — it’s sugary sweet (without the refined white sugar), it’s buttery rich (without the butter, synthetic margarine, or hydrogenated shortening) and it’s doughy in texture (without the refined and bleached white flour).
This Healthy Black Velvet Cookie Dough is meant to be eaten raw, so no hassle or baking required for this sweet, sweet indulgence.
No eggs = lick the spoon (and bowl) all you want!
Healthy Black Velvet Cookie Dough
- 84g (½ cup, packed) Chocolate Brown Rice Protein Powder
- 60g (½ cup) Oat Flour
- 2 tbs Unsweetened Natural Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbs Activated Charcoal Powder
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- one 15oz can Black Beans (drained and rinsed well! (~1½ cups beans))
- ⅔ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 64g (¼ cup) Roasted Almond Butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Natural Butter Flavor
- 1 tsp Liquid Stevia Extract
- ½ cup No-Sugar-Added Dark Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl, add stir together the protein powder, oat flour, cocoa powder, charcoal powder, and salt.
- In a blender (I used my NutriBullet), puree together the beans, almond milk, almond butter, vanilla extract, butter flavor, and stevia extract until smooth. Scoop this mixture over the dry ingredients and fold together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- For the best texture, cover and refrigerate overnight. Otherwise you can serve it immediately for a slightly softer brownie batter texture. Enjoy!
Wow. Wow, wow, wow, wow, WOW. Can you believe this cookie dough is packed with a whopping 23g of protein and 11g of fiber?? Plus, it’s free of the deadly trans fats and has none of processed white sugar typical to storebought cookie dough.
I’d go as far as to say that my recipe is guilt-free. I mean, it’s filled with complete proteins, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, and essential vitamins and minerals. I could go on, but I think I should let you go so you can make some of this cookie dough for yourself 😉
I am still a little shocked at how delicious and addictive this Healthy Black Velvet Cookie Dough is. I could NOT stop eating it. I mostly ate it straight up with a spoon, but it’s also delicious with graham crackers and animal crackers. Try it. It’s just TOO GOOD!
With love and good eats,