Healthy Cookies ‘n’ Cream Ice Cream
Healthy Cookies ‘n’ Cream Ice Cream?? YES! Dreams DO come true! This sweet, creamy, addictive ice cream is refined sugar free, high protein, and gluten free.
This ice cream is so addictive you’ll want scoop after scoop after scoop. But no worries, it’s sugar free, high protein, and gluten free — meaning, compared to typical sugary ice creams, this healthy version will make you feel fuller faster, and it’ll keep you satisfied for a longer period of time. Without the added sugar and refined flours, you can keep your blood sugar levels steady to avoid those pesky sugar rushes and sugar crashes!
And if your heart desires, feel free to fold in a big handful of chopped Homemade Oreos into the ice cream.
You won’t regret it.
Healthy Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- 24oz (3 cups) Plain, Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- one 13.5oz can Light Coconut Milk
- 192g (¾ cup) Homemade Oreo Cookie Butter
- 1½ tsp Vanilla Creme-Flavored Stevia Extract
- ¾ tsp Xanthan Gum
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- Freeze your ice cream maker bowl for 24+ hours (I used my KitchenAid ice cream maker attachment).
- In a large blender, add the yogurt, coconut milk, cookie butter, and stevia extract. Blend until completely smooth.
- While blending, slowly add in the xanthan gum, then add the salt. Puree until fully incorporated.
- Churn the ice cream according to your ice cream makers' instructions. Scoop the ice cream into a freezer-proof container, cover, and freeze until it's the texture you prefer. If frozen solid, the best method to thaw is to place the ice cream in the fridge for a few hours (this way, the entire ice cream is scoopable, unlike thawing the ice cream on the counter, where only the edges will be scoopable).
- Scoop, serve, and enjoy!
YASSSS! Only 210 calories and 5g of (naturally occurring, no added) sugar per cup! Plus, 14g of protein, healthy fats, and a bit of fiber too.
Compared to 1 cup of the storebought version, 1 cup of this Healthy Cookies ‘n’ Cream Ice Cream has:
- 50 less calories
- 23g less sugar
- 10g more protein
- Absolutely NO high-fructose corn syrup, white sugar, white flour, palm oil, or artificial flavors
Um, yes, I’ll take a second serving, thank you very much.
This does look like a dream! Unfortunately xanthem gum bothers my stomach ! I miss its volumizing power so much!
Cookies n’ cream may be one of my top 3 favorite ice cream flavors. Thank you for sharing!
Pingback: Healthy Bananas Foster Ice Cream Recipe (sugar free, dairy free, vegan)
Pingback: Healthy Oreo Shake Recipe | refined sugar free, high protein, gluten free
Pingback: Healthy Boozy Limoncello Frozen Yogurt recipe | Desserts With Benefits
Everything looks so delicious. Congratulations on all that you are doing, I wish you continued success.
Unfortunately, erithyol does not agree with my digestive system. Can’t eat anything that has it, not even ice cream or cookies.
I can do stevia though, maybe you have some recipes that only use stevia ?
By the way, if there is any way possible, I would protect that Oreo cookie butter receipe to ensure that no one else tries to claim it as their own, if you haven’t already done so.
I have a lot of recipes that use purely stevia. Just scan through my Recipes page, but my favorite recipe has gotta be the Healthy Cheesecake Dip 🙂
I will be saving this pin and use it once I’ve got an ice cream maker!
Pingback: Healthy Oreo Cookie Butter recipe (sugar free, low fat, gluten free, vegan)
Pingback: Healthy Cookies and Cream Ice Cream recipes - TastyRecipes
Pingback: TEN Amazing Sugar-Free Ice Cream Recipes | The Sugar Free Zone
Pingback: Amazing Sugar-Free Ice Cream Recipes | The Sugar Free Zone