Healthy Ferrero Rocher Ice Cream
This mind-blowingly delicious Healthy Ferrero Rocher Ice Cream is so creamy, so chocolatey, and so hazelnutty, you might just fall in love! Each spoonful is sweet, satisfying, and studded with chopped hazelnuts to get that classic Ferrero Rocher® flavor but without the added sugar and artificial ingredients. This ice cream sure doesn’t taste sugar free, low carb, high protein, and gluten free!
Disney version: Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?
My version: Freezer, freezer, in my kitchen, what is the most delicious of this all?
And whaddya know, the angelic light shines down on this Healthy Ferrero Rocher Ice Cream.
Ferrero Rocher® is a popular chocolate truffle candy that starts out with a whole hazelnut which is coated by a thick layer of soft and creamy chocolate fudge, surrounded in a crunchy wafer, and then enrobed in milk chocolate with chopped hazelnuts. It’s basically the definition of a foodgasm.
Too bad the ingredient list leaves much to be desired. Those sweet treats are full of refined sugar and artificial flavorings. So, I made a healthy homemade version! They’re soooo good, but it’s been far too hot out lately here in Texas, so I wanted something that would keep me cool. And BOOM. Ice cream came to mind!
I adapted my Vanilla Protein Ice Cream recipe to make this chocolatey, hazelnutty variation. For this Healthy Ferrero Rocher Ice Cream, I added Healthy Homemade Nutella to the “batter” and swirled in chopped hazelnuts after churning.
I topped my ice cream with Sugar-Free Chocolate Syrup and a sprinkle of chopped hazelnuts. Every bite tastes like frozen Ferrero Rochers in the creamiest chocolate ice cream. Every spoonful is like a dream come true!
Healthy Ferrero Rocher Ice Cream
- 24 oz Plain, Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- one 12oz can Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 396g (1½ cups) Homemade Nutella
- 1½ tsp Vanilla Creme-Flavored Stevia Extract
- 96g (3 scoops) Unflavored Whey Protein Powder
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2.5oz (⅔ cup) Chopped Hazelnuts
- Freeze your ice cream maker bowl for 24+ hours (I used my KitchenAid ice cream maker attachment).
- In a blender, add the yogurt, evaporated milk, Nutella, and stevia extract. Blend until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the protein powder, xanthan gum, and salt. With the blender running, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place the frozen ice cream maker attachment onto the stand mixer and turn on the "stir" speed. Pour the ice cream mixture into the ice cream bowl and churn for ~15 minutes (it will thicken, but not turn into ice cream).
- Scoop the ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe dish and stir in the chopped hazelnuts. Cover and freeze until it's the texture you prefer (~4 hours). Serve and enjoy!
No, you’re not dreaming. This amazingly delicious Healthy Ferrero Rocher Ice Cream has just 160 calories per serving! Plus, a whopping 13g of protein with NO added sugar.
Compared to a ½ cup serving of Talenti’s Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, a ½ cup serving of my Healthy Ferrero Rocher Ice Cream has:
- 90 less calories
- 6g less fat
- 21g less sugar
- 8g more protein
Why yes, I’ll take 3 big scoops please!
With love and good eats,
I have never had a Ferrero Rocher candy but I need to I guess. This looks so good
Pingback: 10 Healthier Sweets - In the Kitchen with Stacey
Pingback: 10 Healthier Sweets Recipes | Sprinkles by Stacey
Pingback: The 25 BEST Ice Cream Recipes (ALL healthy and lightened up)!