Healthy Homemade Milky Wayz
These Healthy Homemade Milky Wayz are a much better option than the storebought kinds. This DIY version is made without the high-fructose corn syrup, trans fats, preservatives, and additives, but tastes just as good as the original!
These Healthy Homemade Milky Wayz are ahhhmazing!! The nougat is soft and sweet, the caramel is rich and syrupy, and the chocolate is dark and decadent.
Sweet + Rich + Decadent = EVERYTHING you need in life.
Yum, I need another one in my face right now…
Healthy Homemade Milky Wayz
- Spray two 8" brownie pans with cooking spray and line parchment paper both ways.
- In a medium-sized saucepan (I used a 2-quart pan), stir together the erythritol, agave, water, and salt, until evenly mixed. Place over medium-high heat and add a candy thermometer to the pot. Cook without stirring until it reaches 220 degrees Fahrenheit. While this is on the stove, put the egg whites in stand mixer bowl with whisk attachment. When the stovetop mixture reaches 260 degrees, start beating the egg whites on medium/high until stiff peaks form. When the temperature reaches 280 degrees, remove the pan from the heat.
- Increase the mixer speed to high and VERY SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY drizzle the hot syrup into the whipping egg whites in a thin and steady stream. Beat until very thick and glossy (~8 minutes). In the last minute, add the vanilla paste.
- Scoop the mixture into both brownie pans, trying to make them as even as possible. Spread the mixture out using an offset spatula. Place a sheet of parchment paper on top of each pan of nought. Press down with your hands to make sure it's flat and even. Let the nougat sit at room temperature overnight.
- The next day, with a very sharp knife, slice each pan's worth of nougat into 6 long strips. This nougat is fragile and sticky, so don't be too rough when slicing, and clean the knife off after every slice. Refrigerate the nougat uncovered overnight.
- The next day, gently press your index finger along the center line of the nougat strips, creating a "well" for the caramel sauce.
- Spoon ~1 tsp of caramel sauce into each "well." Freeze for 45 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a large, shallow dish. Coat the nougat, one slice at a time, in the melted chocolate. Use 2 forks to transfer, dip, flip over, and remove the nougat from the chocolate.
- Chill until the chocolate hardens, then serve and enjoy!
Can you believe it? A guilt-free candy bar with only 160 calories?! Yes please.
These Homemade Milky Wayz have 100 less calories than the storebought version and 21g less sugar. That’s over 5 teaspoons of sugar you’re saving yourself from. That is IN-SANE. Especially when you taste these and realize they are far better than the artificial storebought version.
You need to make these. Like, right now. Go, go, GOOO!
With love and good eats,