Healthy Peanut Butter & Jelly Paninis (with Homemade Strawberry Chia Jam!)
Step up your PB&J game with these Healthy Peanut Butter & Jelly Paninis! Ohhhh yeah. You read that right. Your favorite childhood sandwich has been revamped to be, not only healthier, but crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, providing some serious comfort with every soul-warming, steamy bite.
I’m sure we’ve all had our fill of savory paninis. It’s time for a sweet sandwich to make its way around town!
This post was sponsored by Ozery Bakery. All opinions are mine and mine alone! Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Desserts With Benefits going!
Healthy Peanut Butter & Jelly Paninis
- 4 Ozery Bakery Date & Chia Morning Rounds
- ⅓ cup Strawberry Chia Seed Spread (recipe below**)
- ¼ cup Natural Peanut Butter
Strawberry Chia Seed Spread
- 1½ cups Fresh Strawberry Puree
- 1 tbs Chia Seeds
- ½ tsp Liquid Stevia Extract
For the Paninis
- Slice each morning round in half. Use a butter knife to carefully slice into each half, creating a pocket for the fillings.
- Spread ½ tbs of peanut butter into each pocket, followed by a heaping ½ tbs of the strawberry spread.
- Turn on your panini press (or if you don't have a panini press, you can try the grill too! I mean, July is National Grilling Month, so why not?). When fully heated, cook in the press until grill marks form. Serve immediately!
For the Strawberry Chia Seed Spread
- Puree fresh, ripe strawberries and measure 1½ cups of the puree.
- Whisk in the chia seeds and stevia extract, cover, and let sit overnight. Keeps for ~1 week.
This recipe is super simple with just 3 main ingredients: bread, peanut butter, jelly.
That’s it. Boom.
These Healthy Peanut Butter & Jelly Paninis make for the perfect breakfast or snack. Plus, they’re so simple, fun, and easy to make.
With a recipe that calls for just a few ingredients, you need to make sure that every ingredient is ON POINT and high quality. I started with Ozery Bakery’s Date & Chia Morning Rounds. They’re soft and delicious, yet sturdy enough to withstand some manhandling and a panini press without flattening completely or falling apart. Ozery Morning Rounds start with whole grain flour and sourdough, making them a good source of fiber. They’re speckled throughout with chopped dates and chia seeds, making them lightly sweet with a great texture. Oh, and they’re vegan and made without preservatives too! These will be sure to power you through your day. The bread is nice and firm, yet soft and chewy. The peanut butter is so incredibly rich and flavorful, while the strawberry spread balances it out with a light sweetness to create the best flavor combination. Yes and yes and YES.
To prep these bad boys for the recipe, you just need to slice each round in half, then use a butter knife to carefully slice into each half, creating a pocket. A little Ozery bread pocket! How cute.
And feel free to get creative with your own variations! How do these combos sound?
- Peanut Butter + Banana
- Peanut Butter + Mini Chocolate Chips
- Almond Butter + Banana + Pure Maple Syrup
- Almond Butter + Fig
- Nutella + Strawberry
Would you make one of the variations or stick with PB&J? Either way, hope you enjoy! 🙂
With love and good eats,
What is it about pb&j’s? They’re ALWAYS good, even as an adult! It’s the kiddie comfort food I go back to time and time again (that, and easy mac…haha)
What a wonderful idea! Definitely going to buy such buns now! Love peanut and jam combo. Thank you for the recipe!
Reminds me of the Pb+j and jelly and cream cheese panini we made at my coffee shop. Can’t beet a good old pb+j
Pingback: Healthy Homemade Muesli Trail Mix Recipe | Desserts With Benefits
Pingback: 18 Healthy Back To School Recipes | Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Vegan
Pingback: 18 Healthy Back To School Recipes - Dessert Blog