Healthy Vanilla Protein Icing and Healthy Vanilla Protein Frosting
Both Vanilla Icing and Vanilla Frosting are perfect for, well, EVERYTHING. They’re sweet, they’re simple, and they’re delicious, but they’re also filled with a ton of refined white sugar, butter or hydrogenated shortening (aka dangerous trans fats), and artificial flavorings. So I made them healthy! These Healthy Vanilla Protein Icing and Healthy Vanilla Protein Frosting recipes are just as sweet and just as delicious as the original, but way better for you. One spoonful and you’ll have a hard time believing they’re sugar free, low carb, low fat, high protein, and gluten free!
Let’s start with the Vanilla Protein ICING:
Use this Healthy Vanilla Protein Icing as a dessert sauce, a fruit dip, or maybe even a mixture to be slathered all over your face or bathe in. Ummm yeah, it’s THAT good that you’ll want to do that. But whateva tickles yo fancy, of course 😉
This is heaven on earth. I literally spent 20 minutes standing in my kitchen scraping every last bit of it out of the blender. I’m normal, I swear. When Vanilla Icing is that good, you’ll do it too.
This icing is sweet and addicting, but without the refined white sugar and artificial flavorings. In fact, it’s sugar free, low carb, low fat, high protein and gluten free. It’s buttery rich, thick and creamy, but without the butter, margarine, shortening, oil or trans fats. It’s all-natural and made with wholesome ingredients that you can feel good about eating.
I was originally planning on making whey protein bars (a big reader request from people who have my DIY Protein Bars Cookbook) but totally failed. It was like a sticky good, so on a whim I mixed in a few more ingredients and BAM! This delicious Vanilla Protein Icing was born! You can feel the coconut flour in this icing, but it’s not overwhelming or all too gritty. I like using coconut flour because it’s low glycemic, low carb (safe for diabetics), high fiber, and gluten free. I’ve been using it a ton in my recipes lately.
Now, onto the Vanilla Protein FROSTING:
I feel like a dessert fairy swept in and snuck magical dust into this frosting because DAMN Y’ALL… I could eat this stuff for every meal of the day — breakfast, 2nd breakfast, lunch, 2nd lunch, snack, dinner, dessert, nighttime snack. OHMIGERD it’s so dang good.
This Healthy Vanilla Protein Frosting is already a staple food for me. When the stresses of work and daily life bog me down, I just get up from my desk, stretch, walk over to my fridge, and spoon some of this foodgasm-worthy deliciousness into my face.
Stress? What stress? It’s totally gone!
Guilt? What guilt? This frosting is totally guilt-free!
Healthy Vanilla Protein Icing
- In a high-speed blender (I used my Vitamix), add the yogurt, nut butter, vanilla extract, and vanilla paste. Blend on low speed until completely smooth.
- While blending, add in the protein powder, powdered erythritol, and coconut flour. The mixture will thicken. Give it a taste and add a pinch of salt, more erythritol, or more vanilla to taste. You can use this immediately or store in a tightly sealed container in the fridge
Healthy Vanilla Protein Frosting
- In a stand mixer bowl fitted with a whisk attachment, add the yogurt, cream cheese, vanilla paste, and stevia extract. Mix on medium-low speed until completely smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix again.
- Add in the protein powder and powdered erythritol, then return mixer to medium-low speed. Once completely smooth, scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix again. Increase mixer speed to high and mix until fluffy and even.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 3+ hours to firm up before frosting. Store in a tightly sealed container in the fridge.
These healthy frostings are both all-natural, don’t have any sugar or artificial ingredients added, and are boosted with a punch of protein. BOOM BOOM CLAP, I’ll
drink eat to that 😉
With love and good eats,