Healthy Homemade Gummy Bears — Strawberry Flavored (Sugar Free)
These Healthy Homemade Gummy Bears are super chewy, sweet and addictive, just like the storebought stuff! These naturally fruity Gummy Bears are fat free, refined sugar free, and low carb… no corn syrup or artificial flavorings whatsoever! But don’t worry, you’d never know these are actually good for you, shhh!
After making my Healthy Homemade Fruit Snacks I knew I needed to make Gummy Bears.
Storebought Fruit Snacks and Gummy Bears are totally (and sadly) addictive… 100% sugary, syrupy, unhealthy deliciousness. That’s why I knew I had to make a DIY version. These DIY Strawberry Gummy Bears are naturally flavored and made with real fruit puree, not artificial flavorings or fruit juice concentrate.
Healthy Homemade Strawberry Gummy Bears
- 470g (2 cups) Strawberry Puree (see Instructions**)
- ⅓ cup Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tsp Liquid Stevia Extract
- Natural Red Food Coloring (I used 15 drops of India Tree's food coloring)
- 60g (6 tbs) Unflavored Gelatin
- **Wash your strawberries, slice the greens off and puree in a blender. Measure 2 cups of the puree and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Stir in the lemon juice, stevia and food coloring.
- It helps to have another person help you here. Have one person spread open a nut milk bag over a large bowl while you pour the strawberry mixture inside. Tie the bag closed and squeeze the bag to get as much liquid out as you can. You should get 1¾ cup (or 334g) of the mixture after straining.
- Pour the mixture into a nonstick saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin overtop and let it sit for 5 minutes. Stir it together and smush any big clumps of gelatin, don't worry about the small ones, they'll dissolve.
- Place the pan over medium-high heat and stir occasionally, until it comes to a light boil. Stir constantly when the mixture boils harder. When you can't stir the bubbles away, keep it on the heat for ~30 seconds and then remove from the heat. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes so the foam/bubbles have a chance to go away, then carefully scoop the mixture into gummy bear molds.
- Let the molds cool on the counter for about an hour, then place them in the fridge. Refrigerate until firm. To store, place gummy bears in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Have you tried my other gummy bear flavors? Check out the Orange Gummy Bears, Green Apple Gummy Bears, Blueberry Fruit Snacks, and Peach Mango Fruit Snacks!
I’m about to tear this guy’s head CLEAN off! Chompity chomp chomp.
Life is good with a handful of these Healthy Homemade Gummy Bears!
With love and good eats,
Pingback: 30 Minute Desserts | 30 Recipes You Can Make in 30 Minutes OR LESS!
Pingback: 13 Delicious Low Carb Strawberry Dessert Recipes
Pingback: 25 Surprisingly Sweet Sugar-Free Dessert Recipes to Treat Yourself
I have been trying to go sugar-free for a long time, and your recipes are such an inspiration! And I have been meaning to try homemade gummies, and theses look so good, im going to give them a go!:)
These were so easy and so much fun to make. I used Monk Fruit instead of Stevia, worked well. I will be making lots of these. I had a few complaints about their tartness so I will adjust the lemon juice next time. Thanks for the great recipe.
Yay! I’m so glad you liked the recipe! Thank you for letting me know how the monk fruit worked out… I’ve never used that before but have wanted to try it! 🙂
Pingback: More than Jell-O: 53 Gelatin Recipes for Better Gut Health
Pingback: Healthy Homemade Lemon Gummy Bears Recipe | Desserts With Benefits
Can you use pectin instead of gelatin?
I’ve never used pectin before so I can’t be sure. Feel free to test it out though! 🙂
Pingback: Top 25 BEST Healthy Summer Desserts and Lightened Up Classics!
Why do they last only 4-5 days? How do I make them last longer?
Because these are made with FRESH fruit and no added sugar or corn syrup (high fructose corn syrup and sugar are basically preservatives). I’d say 4-5 days is a pretty long time 🙂
Thank you for sharing this delightful recipe. I can hardly wait to try it.
Super excited to see how these come out . We used an apple sauce / banana puree instead of strawberry. I also added some chia seeds to a couple bears to try out. I can’t wait to see what other healthy snacks you have on your site. Perfect timing I lost control of my weight, in November I was 327lbs, I decided to get healthier and since November I dropped to 296lbs just by eating healthier, I’m not very active but that’s all changing soon.