Guilt-Free French Silk Pie (Guaranteed Crowdpleaser!)
ATTENTION. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. THIS GUILT-FREE FRENCH SILK PIE IS BOMB AND WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE! 🍫
Sorry (not sorry) for shouting, but it was absolutely necessary that I get your attention. This pie. THIS PIE. It’s the ultimate pie for the chocolate-lover in you — it’s incredibly rich and creamy and sweet and chocolatey. It’ll satisfy your sweet tooth and chocolate craving in one fell swoop.
But wait, didn’t you say it was guilt-free?
Oh yes, dear friend, yes I did.
Typical French Silk Pies are made with a pastry dough (main ingredients: bleached all-purpose flour and lots of butter) and a chocolate sabayon (main ingredients: egg yolks, lots of sugar, and even more butter). A single pie can contain up to 3 sticks of butter and 1¾ cups of sugar! But NOPE, not here.
I took out all of the added butter and sugar, and kept all of the yummy delicious ahhhmazing flavor. One bite of this Guilt-Free French Silk Pie, though, and you’d think I’m lying. It’s too rich to be free of butter. It’s too sweet to be made without the added sugar. It’s too damn good to be… guilt-free!
French Silk Pie doesn’t have to be a daunting recipe. A lot of people get anxiety (including me) over pie crusts and sabayon, but you don’t need to worry about those in this recipe. Here, we start with an easy, stress-free, ready-to-bake pie crust made by the Immaculate Baking Co. (found at Whole Foods):
These crusts are made with unbleached, unbromated wheat flour, natural oils, and absolutely no preservatives or artificial food dyes. A stark contrast to other ready-to-bake pie crusts that are made with chemically bleached flour, dangerous hydrogenated lard, preservatives and dyes (ew). Immaculate Baking Co. is the clear winner here. I’m gonna be using this pie crust to make all my holiday treats (and that’s including a Healthy Nutella Pudding Pie guys… yes, for real) 👌
After we bake off the crust, we move onto the filling! I’m a sneaky lil’ cheater and used my Healthy Vanilla Pudding recipe and added chocolate chips to it. BOOM. Totally sleighed it (heh, get it? I know, I know, I’m lame but at least I’ve got some holiday spirit)!
After the pie sets up, it’s time to DIG IN with these absolutely NON-negotiable toppings: natural whipped cream, fresh raspberries, grated chocolate, Healthy Chocolate Syrup, a light dusting of powdered erythritol, or even a scoop of softened Healthy Vanilla Ice Cream.
I got 99 problems but dessert ain’t one 😎
one 6" pie
Guilt-Free French Silk Pie
For the Crust:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring the rolled pie crust out of the fridge and let it sit at room temp for about 20 minutes, or until slightly softened (if you unroll it cold, it could tear). Unroll the pie crust into a 6" springform pan. Press the crust firmly against the walls of the pan, and use a knife to cut away the excess crust. I cut the crust ~2" high all around the pan (you can reroll the excess crust and use it to make mini galettes, pie pops, or even individual quiches!). Bake for ~11 minutes, or until fully baked and set. Let cool while you make the filling.
For the Filling:
- In a double boiler placed over medium heat, whisk together a tiny splash of the coconut milk, egg yolks, and corn starch, until completely smooth. Whisk in the remainder of the coconut milk. Once it heats up, whisk constantly until thick and pudding-like.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a heat-proof bowl and whisk in the vanilla paste, stevia extract, and chocolate chips. Pour into the cooled pie crust.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Be sure to follow @DessertsWithBenefits on Instagram! If you try this recipe, make sure to snap a picture of it, tag me @DessertsWithBenefits, and hashtag #DessertsWithBenefits. I’d love to see it and feature you on #FanFaveFridays!
It’s Immaculate Baking Co.’s mission to serve up delicious baked goods, so they created an extensive line of wholesome baking products (including certified gluten-free and organic goodies so everyone can enjoy dessert)! 🤗 Make sure to visit the Immaculate Baking Co. site to check out their products and recipe ideas. To get you started, here’s a coupon for $1 off any Immaculate Baking Co. product!
Stawp everything you’re doing and make this Guilt-Free French Silk Pie (now that’s an order! 😜) — it will make your day as magical as can be.