Healthy Gluten Free Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Frosting
This Gluten Free Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Frosting is so light and fluffy, and sweet and addictive, it’s hard to comprehend that each bite is totally healthy and guilt-free! I’ve never tasted a cake as good as this before. Words cannot even BEGIN to describe this cake! I wish I could just hand you a slice right now through the screen so you could taste it for yourself, but uh, technology hasn’t caught up with that yet. But seriously though, you really need this in your life. ASAP.
This Gluten Free Vanilla Cake is shockingly similar to the boxed mixes from the grocery store and the prepared cakes you can buy from a bakery.
It tastes like it’s stuffed with sugar and packed with butter, but it’s sugar free and contains zero butter.
My first bite honestly took my breath away.
The cake itself is soft and delicate with a moist crumb, and it’s packed with a delicious, sweet vanilla flavor.
The frosting is above and beyond what I ever expected — it’s thick, it’s rich, it’s uber sweet and, just like the cake, it’s 100% vanilla-y. You can even see all the vanilla beans speckled throughout!
One bite will lead to two bites, and that’ll lead to like, the thirtieth bite. It’s THAT good. Oh, and it’s healthy, so you won’t feel guilty at all for eating this cake. Each bite and you’ll swear that the cake you’re eating is packed with sugar and butter and white flour, but nopity nope nope nope!
Healthy Gluten Free Vanilla Cake
- 224g (2 cups) Coconut Flour
- 192g (1 cup) Granulated Erythritol
- 1 tbs Double-Acting Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 369g (1½ cups) Unsweetened Applesauce
- 300g (1¼ cups) Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 227g (1 cup) Plain, Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 6 Large Eggs
- 5 Large Egg Whites
- 1 tbs Vanilla Paste
- 1 tbs Liquid Stevia Extract
- 2 tsp Natural Butter Flavor
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 2 8” cake pans with cooking spray and line with 8” circle parchment paper liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, erythritol, baking powder and salt.
- In an electric stand mixer bowl fitted with a beater attachment, add the applesauce, almond milk, yogurt, eggs, egg whites, vanilla paste, stevia extract and butter flavor. Mix on low speed. Add the dry ingredients to the stand mixer and increase the mixer speed to medium. Mix until the ingredients are fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans. Tap the pans on the counter a few times to make sure the batter is level. Bake for 60 minutes, or until the surface springs back when tapped. Let cool completely in the pan.
- Frost with your frosting of choice. Slice and serve, or store in the fridge covered with a cake dome for up to 5 days.
Recipe republished with permission from the Naughty or Nice Cookbook!
I totally ate way more than my “cake quota” this week. But, this Gluten Free Vanilla Cake is 100% healthy and totally nutritious, so do I feel bad? Nope. Not one bit. Why the bleep would I feel bad about indulging in this (secretly) guilt-free cakey deliciousness??
Did I mention that I ate this for breakfast? Yes, it’s super sweet and totally dessert-worthy, but in my book, that’s what makes for a
good great pretty damn awesome breakfast. Just thought I’d let you know, becaaauusseee I’m sure you’ll do the same 😉
Word to the wise: This Gluten Free Vanilla Cake goes great with coffee 😉
With love and good eats,