Healthy DIY Pecan Butter
A giant bag of pecans + 10 minutes = healthy, fast, cheap and easy nut butter
One 8oz (1 cup) jar of Artisana Pecan Butter costs $13.48, while three 12oz bags of Pecans costs $23.58 (these 12oz bags have the capability of making you ~4.5 cups of nut butter)… that means this homemade nut butter will only cost you $5.24 per cup. Let’s do that math:
A few more blends, and TA DAAA … I got this:
Smooth, rich, creamy and nutty!
Sadly, they were a little dry and turned out more like a muffin-top rather than a cookie. Still, they were so delicious that my family and I gobbled them up anyways.
So how can you use this pecan butter?
- Spread it on warm toast with a drizzle of pure maple syrup and a dash of cinnamon
- Jazz up your morning oatmeal with a spoonful as topping
- Top a bowl of Butterscotch Pumpkin Overnight Dessert Oats with it
- Pecan Butter Cookies (use this nut butter instead of PB and add 1 tbs oil if needed)
- Spread it on some tasty Raisin Bran Muffins
- Make “Reese’s” Pecan Butter Cups!
- Eat off your finger a spoon
- Buttery Toffee Blondie Batter (use this nut butter instead of almond butter)
- In any recipe that uses a nut butter
- Chocolate Pecan Toffee Fudge Brownie Batter
It’s totally perfect for the ever-so-close starting of Fall